We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin newsfeed: anyone can post in your feed and you can´t delete it! | Forum

Poh
Poh Apr 24 '15
I just installed the newsfeed plugin.

I was testing it using two regular users and I found out that who is posting can post anything in any feed and only him or the administrator can remove the post. 

So if someone posts something that I don´t like I can´t even delete it! I must Flag and wait for the moderation to delete it. The worst of all is the lack of privacy: how it possible to let anyone posting in your feed by default?

After setting privacy to "friends only" I was able to block post from guests. But event my friends can troll me and post something that I don´t like and like I said I can´t delete it!

Does anyone know a better plug-in?

dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
You can always remove the newsfeed from the profile if you like.  I do not know of another similar plugin. Also check your permissions, no reason a moderator should have more authority than an admin, i suspect there is a permission item not checked for admin in permissions.  I can delete most anything i want without moderation.