We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

referral plug-in that allows html link? | Forum

Jason
Jason Apr 25 '15
I am looking for a referral plug-in that will allow my members to pass out a link on other web forums etc that will lead them to my site and give credit to the users upon signup. 

Example: www.mysite.com/?referral_code25233

then the user who posted the link above can be tracked and earn credits. 

Does this exist? can someone help me make it?

dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
there is a plugin http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/648  i know nothing about it other than its there. If that does not work for some reason let me know i have a source for you that you may want to look at. 
Jason
Jason Apr 25 '15
Hi dave thanks, not quite what I am trying to find. I want to get people to sign up for my site via referral links that can be posted around the web. The affiliate program is about selling banners and making money.  

I just want to give people incentive to paste thier personalized link to my site around the web in exchange for credits that can be used to upgrade their account to premium. Is there anything like this? I saw a couple of invite plug-ins that can be used to invite friends via email but nothing that allows sharing a link (without email) Email invites are so old school. Time for URL invites. that would be a great plug - I would pay for it.

dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
My idea would be to take my affiliate software that i wrote and build a bridge into oxwall.  I have been meaning to do this for some time.  
Jason
Jason Apr 25 '15
would it accomplish what I am requesting above?
Jason
Jason Apr 25 '15
 something like this only instead of days earned, it would be credits.
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
yes, it would but it would take some time to do it as i have 3 projects on the board now to finish then i can do it.   The bridge would be free it would be just the purchase of the software  or i might just end up doing a plugin, ill have to think about that.  
Jason
Jason Apr 25 '15
I am hoping for a plug in,... you rock thank you so much