We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

newsfeed video problem | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Umair
Umair Apr 25 '15
It is importing videos from the links, but not showing thumbnails for most and not even playing the video in the newsfeed except youtube. Even the Video section is only showing youtube video which I uploaded on newsfeed and not other.
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
admin -> settings -> user settings -> content input tab 

scroll down 

Allowed resources list

put the other domain names in there as well as your own,  you will need your own domain in there if anyone shares a FB vid.    But all the sites that you expect to get video feeds from should be in that box. 

Hope that helps 

Umair
Umair Apr 25 '15
I already did it, but still the same problem
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
did you try a new video embed after you changed it, it might not read the old ones. 
Umair
Umair Apr 25 '15
yes
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
team members will be in tomorrow night and they will reply to this, sorry for the wait but they know more than i do about this issue. 
Umair
Umair Apr 25 '15
ok no issue
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 27 '15
Umair, have you managed to fix the issue?
If no, first of all please check the plugin version and version of Oxwall software you are using. You can find the current  plugin version in /ow_plugins/pluginname/plugin.xml file.

If yes, it would be useful for other oxwallers to share the solution.
Thanks in advance.

The Forum post is edited by Taissa Apr 29 '15
Umair
Umair Apr 27 '15
Issue persists. Need help
plugin build 8710
oxwall build 8710
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '15
you do have the GD library right Umar?
Umair
Umair Apr 27 '15
Its Umair

what is gd library? how to check?
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '15
GD library is in  your phpinfo, check to see if its listed, its for images.  Google GD library for centos if your on centos and there are lots of tutorials. 
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '15
do you have issues with any other images in the site, any at all or just vid thumbs?
Umair
Umair Apr 27 '15
no issues yet. Only vid thumbs. And when someone clicks on a link, instead of playing in the newsfeed, it takes to the video page.
tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 27 '15
theres a free plugin in store plays video in newsfeed
http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/936
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Apr 27 '15
Umair
Umair Apr 27 '15
I have installed it. not working
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 27 '15
Umair, please deactivate all third-party plugins. It will help us to find out the reasons of the newsfeed issue.  Did you make any custom code modification?
To see the actual errors you need to enable debug mode. You can do it using this instruction: http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug .  If there are any errors, post the error message here.
Umair
Umair Apr 28 '15
The thumbnail issue is before I installed third party plugins. Anyway i will enable debug mode.
Umair
Umair Apr 28 '15
and dave I just saw that GD support is enabled in my phpinfo
dave Leader
dave Apr 28 '15
ok good thanks for the info on that.... 
Pages: 1 2 3 »