We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Comment photo attachments not working. (Solved) | Forum

JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 25 '15
just noticed today that when u try to attach a photo in comments it just hangs at the uploading part. 

all other attachments work fine. only seeing problem with comments.

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Apr 28 '15
JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 25 '15
bump
dave Leader
dave Apr 25 '15
the team does not work on weekends, they will be in tomorrow night (their monday) and im not sure what the issue is so i cant help sorry. 
JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 26 '15
ok thank you for the reply
ross Team
ross Apr 26 '15
Please do the testing on the default theme, if the issue persists, check the firebug console for any errors while uploading photo. Make a screenshot of the error and provide it here. 
JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 26 '15
problem is it use to work and now after the update it doesn't. Roxwall told me its not the theme.
JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 27 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15
Have you tried on the default theme?
JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 27 '15
yes same issue with default theme 
ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15

Seems like this is not a default newsfeed plugin. Isn't it?

What is your software version?

What is the version of the newsfeed you're using?

JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 27 '15
this is a default newsfeed plugin. No 3rd party. It is the latest version.
ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15
default newsfeed plugin does not have video and link insert in the status update of the newsfeed plugin
JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 27 '15
thats a totally different thing that goes with attachments. It needed to be implemented. Sergey Made that but the comment section is still the original of the newsfeed. The insert video and link and photo part works fine. attachments work fine in messaging and chat window. Just the comments attach photo is not working.
The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Apr 27 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15
We cannot reproduce that on our side, with the default theme and plugins, switch to the default theme, and disable all 3rd party plugins see if the issue persists. If it does, PM me your admin and CPanel access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 27 '15
r u testing it with amazon s3?
JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 27 '15
the photo when uploading just hangs in still uploading mode
The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Apr 27 '15
ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15
Josh, are you sure, you're using amazon service? I'm saying this because there's no amazon word in the path to the files

Also, we have tried to upload the photo on your website both, photo section and newsfeed status area uploading work fine

JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 27 '15
my amazon address is static.buddylist.co      i have already stated all other attachments works fine. the only issue is in the comments. You cant add a photo in a comment of a post.
ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15
Ok, disable amazon and try again, let us know if the issue persists
Pages: 1 2 »