We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

what is Dashboard? What is main? | Forum

Jason
Jason Apr 26 '15
Ultimate noob question here. Just looking for a simple explanation. 

I don't quite get what the Dashboard vs Main/Home is supposed to be. 

Seems like they are delivering the same content. Can someone help a noob please?

Thank you

dave Leader
dave Apr 26 '15
The main page consists of topic from throughout the site, the dashboard is a more personal environment such as friends posts.  I believe have that correct, there is a proper description someplace but i have yet to rediscover where it is. 
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Apr 26 '15
Yes Dave, you are correct. The main page is basically a place where all of the latest site activity can be seen on one page. The newsfeed also lists all activity in real time.

The dashboard newsfeed only lists activity of that user's friends, and anything directly associated with that user. The dashboard is content and links directly associated with the user.

dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '15
So sort of like when your driving down the road, everything outside the car is the main and everything inside the car, preset radio stations, temp control, speed, friends in the passenger and back seat and all of that is the dashboard.  woooo hoooo road trip lol
The Forum post is edited by dave May 3 '15
Stuart
Stuart May 3 '15
Would be good if the image slide show and a few other plugins where switched to work on the dashboard or work on both.

Its a bit barren of functionality is the dashboard and main maybe might have to much going on.

sd sd
sd sd Nov 27 '22
Influencers additionally have to be “on'' in the sense that they quite plenty need to be continuously posting and updating their socials to get TLC models and Talent. They can not certainly take day off from posting content material or interacting with their target audience.