We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Advertisement - bug... | Forum

Bjorn
Bjorn Nov 15 '10
The ads is not showing in the Group, Links, Blogs, Picture, Chat and forum...
Looks like the advertisement is not visible in plugins.
Den Team
Den Nov 15 '10
Did you configure display ads on this plugins? You can do it in settings of advertisement plugin (Banner placement)
Bjorn
Bjorn Nov 16 '10
Yes, have added banner to "Sidebar" and "bottom".
These ads is on "Global" (have no other in the list)
Bjorn
Bjorn Nov 16 '10
Have also tested on an other installation. But no banner on plugin pages.
Ivan
Ivan Nov 16 '10
I also have this problem but never thought about it until now. The plugin "advertisement" for my website doesn't have any other options other than "global" so i can't target place my ads. Furthermore just like Bjorn, there are no banners showing up under the plugin pages while I am logged in - however, i know that the ads work perfectly (and therefore it is the system at fault) because the advertisements come up for guests (going to my website logged out and viewing the pages, the ads are there).

Is there a solution to this? I'm currently looking for endorsements for my website and the inability for specific ad placement is quite a hindrance.
Ivan
Ivan Nov 16 '10
One more thing. My wackwall.fm website was functional and had ad placing options. Is it possible to get the admin.php file for the advertisement plugin from wackwall.fm? This file configures the options within the platform. I'm finding that a few plugins at oxwall.org are downgrades in comparison to wackwall.fm, which is a bit weird.
Den Team
Den Nov 17 '10
Thanks for report!

Quote from Ivan

I also have this problem but never thought about it until now. The plugin "advertisement" for my website doesn't have any other options other than "global" so i can't target place my ads.

This is bug in ads plugin. This plugin must have all active plugins in list for assigning ads. We will fix it in a few days. Just update ads plugin when you will see update request in admin panel.

Quote from Ivan

One more thing. My wackwall.fm website was functional and had ad placing options. Is it possible to get the admin.php file for the advertisement plugin from wackwall.fm?

Sorry, but this is impossible. All data (ads placement and etc) is stored in Database not in file.

Quote from Ivan

I'm finding that a few plugins at oxwall.org are downgrades in comparison to wackwall.fm, which is a bit weird.

Would you list this plugins please?
Ivan
Ivan Nov 17 '10
Hello Addenster! Thank you for your response. I've been eagerly awaiting for you to come online :). The few plugins I was referring to are the ones I already mentioned but here is one other I should report - The facebook connect plugin that is downloaded with the platform is mulfunctional (seriously quite bad) - to fix it I deleted it completely and uploaded it back again then install.
Den Team
Den Nov 18 '10
Hello Ivan!
Would you give me more details about FB with the platform please?
Ivan
Ivan Nov 18 '10
When I downloaded the platform, "facebook connect" was already part of the plugins and I just had to install it. When I installed it for the first time, there were no words/instructions just blank. I clicked on settings and that was blank too just a couple (two) empty boxes to fill in to have the plugin functional. I looked on my website on a ghost window and the facebook logo was half cut. So I decided to uninstall the plugin and delete it completely. Then I downloaded it from the oxwall store and uploaded it back to the platform via "new" plugin. Installed it again and it was functional.

Hope my description helps. I would've taken some snapshots but have to work extra quick when it comes to social networking sites... Let me know if you need more info! :)
Den Team
Den Nov 18 '10
Thanks for report Ivan. Will fix it.
Crystal
Crystal Jan 23 '11
has this been fixed? I am using version 1.0.1 and ads do not show anywhere. If there is a fix where can I download it?
Den Team
Den Jan 24 '11
Did you updated Ads plugins from admin panel? It was already fixed. Also, download the latest version of your theme from our store.
Crystal
Crystal Feb 3 '11
Advertisement was working but since updating links seems to be corrupt as ads not showing tried inactive than active and a reinstall no luck.
Den Team
Den Feb 4 '11
Hi
What actually was corrupted? Links or ads? Would you post an actual error please?
dhiyafaris
dhiyafaris Feb 5 '11
when i click "edit" button on Banner Placement page,
the page redirect me to 404 error page..
hurm, any idea?
Den Team
Den Feb 7 '11
Maybe you have some JS error on this page? Would you check it with firebug please?