We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

e-mail confirmation | Forum

dudi
dudi Apr 27 '15
hello sometimes comes a mail to me by a user (verify or private message) some user get no verify mails.
 My contact us is not working. cron -job work
The Forum post is edited by dudi Apr 27 '15
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '15
have you tried the SMTP mail set up?
ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15
Do the search on the forum, this topic has already been discussed a bunch of times: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/5/search?&q=verification
dudi
dudi Apr 28 '15
ross this is not the problem! thanks for help
ross Team
ross Apr 28 '15
I'm sorry I don't understand. Have you resolved the issue or what?
dudi
dudi May 1 '15
this is not a problem from cron. ther cron-job working. the mail was sent (after run cron) the sql table is empty but the mail didn't arrived.
my notify system is working good!!!

dudi
dudi May 1 '15
i have checked on 2 webspaces!! cron work and smtp to!
rarely comes a mail but only registered user.
some user says this is a problem from cron job this is not correct.
i have checked the class.phpmailer.php and on my hoster the params need the -f parameter to send mail over phpmailer but the code is set in the params but it doesn´t work too.
It will send only when i take my side webmasters email in send from in FORM.
When any other adress is in Sender in FORM the mail will not deliever sometime the mail will delivered but mostely not. It is important that the formular will work. !!!

if SMTP email adress in Oxwall active (/admin/settings/email) and send a mail is the sender adress wrong.
the formailer (Contact) always takes the address of the SMTP email from oxwall.
this ist not a Cron Problem!

ross Team
ross May 3 '15
Dudi, if the mail goes out from the ow_base_mail table, the software is no longer responsible for the mails, something is wrong with either SMTP you're using or mail server

Have you tried to disable smtp and check whether you get the verification e-mail?

dudi
dudi May 4 '15
Hey ross the mail goes out from the table. I have disable smtp. 
ross Team
ross May 4 '15
As I noted, when the mail goes out from the table the software is no longer responsible for what's going with the mails, now it is turn of the mail server to handle the mails. Something is wrong with the mail server, you need to contact your hosting provider to resolve the issue. 
dudi
dudi May 4 '15
I have testet with 2 webspace and one new clean oxwall Installation.  The mail form working with google Account but the mail come only from guest Not from members. 
dudi
dudi May 4 '15
dudi
dudi May 4 '15
Sorry i have forget it. Joomla, drupal, wordpress, vldpersonals and emeeting working with contact form
Steven
Steven May 4 '15
Hi i habe the Same Problem the Mail doesnt out und while the Sender is Empty the Provider Need the Sender or in will be Spam in sql table Sender is empty it is a Problem from the class.php_mailer.php there is no Link vor the sender table
dave Leader
dave May 4 '15
does this solution help,  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/35571
Steven
Steven May 4 '15
Yes i See the Problem the from is not defined by Post how can i so that?
When i use a smtp the Mails only come from one adress but the Mails Must come from User. Now when User Type his Mail Adress the Mail Adress didnt go to Sender table in sql and then the Mail doesnt go out from Provider. How i can define the from in php_mailer to set it by Post user mail?
dave Leader
dave May 4 '15
i think he posted his solution. 
dave Leader
dave May 4 '15
bottom of second page
Steven
Steven May 4 '15
Can you Post the Script ? I dont Know where in Need to defined in php_mailer
ross Team
ross May 4 '15
Dudi, can you PM me your admin details and Cpanel access detail, please? I'll take a look at the issue. 
Pages: 1 2 »