We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Need ideas for a free plugin | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 3 '15
well folks my sincere apology, looks like im not able to do the gif uploader for free afterall. Thats what its looking like.  You would think that after 1.5 days of working on this the easiest part would be to post a url to the newsfeed via the event manager but it looks as though you cant post one without saving the data to the db. 

In other words its all done (the gifs are saved in the userfiles dir, the upload page is done, you have an admin page with config values and all of that) but the last little thing is to post the url for the gif to the news feed and you cant do that without alot of jQuery that i dont know, or with actually saving the file to the database and then calling its id.  

That means that i will have to do new table to store the gif's and i didnt plan on that. That means the table, the page, the query get the images, loading them, its alot of work that i never planned on and all just because you cant post a url to the newsfeed via the system without saving the data to the DB first or using jQuery.  

Anyway sorry but this will have to be a paid plugin unless someone saves the day and tells me how to do this.  

again my apologies :(

The Forum post is edited by dave May 3 '15
dave Leader
dave May 3 '15
Thao le a wonderful developer here saves the day and gives me the solution so i can learn.  WHAT A GREAT GUY!!!!!  everyone please say thank you to Thao le for his very kind donation of time and allowing this to be a free plugin.  

Thanks buddy :)  

S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon May 3 '15
Thank you very much, Dave and Thao le; we are lucky at Oxwall to have guys like you around!

Can't wait to see the results of your hard work!  :)

dave Leader
dave May 3 '15
your very welcome, i made Thao blush lol.....  youll love it, its simple but its needed, you just upload a gif from you pic and its in the newsfeed automatically....  it also has permissions and a conf panel for the feature and also for size limits. 
The Forum post is edited by dave May 3 '15
S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon May 3 '15
Excellent!

Will it be possible to attach other files, too (such as doc, pdf, etc.)?
Attached files don't have to be displayed in the Newsfeed but simply linked at the bottom of any status or comment (just like it's done in the forum)...

If not, would you be available to work on such a plugin after this one?
I would pay for your services, of course!  ;)

Again, thank you very much!

dave Leader
dave May 3 '15
i got so wrapped up into this dang issue and so clouded by this issue that i totally forgot. I will work on that for you tomorrow ok.  so sorry about that....  drats   i hate when that happens 
dave Leader
dave May 3 '15
actually its already tomorrow, ok then ill do it after a few hours of sleep.... :) 
S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon May 3 '15
No problem!

If you ever need a beta tester before the final release of your plugin, just let me know!

Regards,

Sylvain

dave Leader
dave May 3 '15
ok Sylvain i tried some stuff out and it seems there is not an attachment option for newsfeed for several reasons.   It might be better to put them all on a single page rather than in the newsfeed for security.   I will continue playing around with this to see what i can do with it the rest of the day.  Tomorrow im suppose to start a large project so it may be after that before i have some better answers for you, but we will see what today offers.  
S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon May 3 '15
Thanks for the update! :)
dave Leader
dave May 3 '15
YW... what about having them all on one page, do you have to have them in the newsfeed, is that a must or bust for the project?
S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon May 3 '15
I would really prefer to have every attachment appear below its corresponding message in the Newsfeed...

If you think it's possible but will require more work on your part, just PM me your price!  ;)
If it's impossible (for whatever reason), just let me know and we'll try to think of another way for attachments in the Newsfeed.

Many thanks for your hard work!

dave Leader
dave May 4 '15
Here ya go folks enjoy... please remember to thank Thao Le as well who helped save the day when i got stuck on this project..   

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1095

happy GIFing :)

Den Team
Den May 4 '15
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Jordi
Jordi May 7 '15
Hi Dave,

any plans to work on the camacomchat plugin?

jor

dave Leader
dave May 7 '15
not for a few weeks, im sick right now and i am behind on stuff so maybe in a few weeks i can get caught up and look at it.  
tammy harris
tammy harris May 8 '15
hooking contact inporter plugin to user credits would be way cool
also

a plugin that uses this # tags in the urls so on go new page only contents is loaded and header console and chat stay loaded would speed oxwall up so much 
https://css-tricks.com/dynamic-page-replacing-content/

or add more features to moderators panel ie unverified users 

S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon May 8 '15

Quote from dave not for a few weeks, im sick right now...  
Take care, Dave!

Hope you'll soon be back on your feet!

matt
matt May 18 '15
More attachment file types for the newsfeed will be awesome. +1
Abhinav Goel
Abhinav Goel Jun 4 '15

Make a plugin that helps in getting Many Instances of Oxwall

Pages: « 1 2 3 »
This topic is locked