We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

VIEW MORE button - Not working, spinning for ever[Solved] | Forum

Klaus-dieter Michel
Hi, I'm new to Oxwall and can't find an answer to my problem here.

Below the Newsfeed (on the main page, also on a Group page) there is this VIEW MORE button. When clicked the down-arrow changes to spinning wheel and stays so 'for ever'. Waited in one instance for an hour. Nothing happens. I know they are more posts to display. How come? What could I do?

The Forum post is edited by ross May 6 '15
Klaus-dieter Michel
Well, okay, I don't want to appear too stupid. With the javascript console I get: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'result' of null. It seems there are indeed in total only 10 items in the newsfeed and this is exactly the amount of items displayed in one newsfeed segment. I'll test it out by adding one more.
Klaus-dieter Michel
I added one more item so that they are at least 11. Clicking VIEW MORE still throws the error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'result' of null. Can somebody enlighten me, please?
DeFender
DeFender May 1 '15

try this http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/800  it is free
Klaus-dieter Michel
Hi DeFender, thanks. Tried it, didn't work though. It basically didn't install via ADMIN/PLUGINS/ADD NEW. Maybe because plugin is not compatible with Oxwall 1.7.3. My original problem still persists ...
ross Team
ross May 3 '15
Klaus, please PM me your admin details for the website, I'll take a look at the issue. 
Klaus-dieter Michel
Hi ross, I'm just since a week into Oxwall. Since then I've seen it here in the forum many times: PM me your admin details. Please excuse my not knowing, what is PM and how shall I do it? I can.t send you my admin details in a post here. Cheers
Klaus-dieter Michel
Ah, I see: Private Message.
ross Team
ross May 5 '15
Klaus, we have checked the issue. 

There's some, we do not know which one, php module, which is blocking the urls with the quotes in it which are being passed via GET and it redirects all such urls to the index page

You will need to contact your hosting provider to find and disable this module or configure it properly

The Forum post is edited by ross May 5 '15
Klaus-dieter Michel
Okay... so, is it my correct assumption that you are saying that "it redirects all such urls to the index page" is unwanted and shouldn't be happening? And can you elaborate in a few words what you mean with urls? I mean generally I know what a url is, in this context, though, I'm a bit confused.
I will contact my hosting provider. Thanks for your help.
The Forum post is edited by Klaus-dieter Michel May 5 '15
ross Team
ross May 5 '15
Yes, it should not be this way. URL is, for example the URL of the index page is www.yoursite.com/index

you can test it on your website if you like, go to the Forum: www.site.com/forum, you have forum search option in the right side of the forum page

if you type there the quote (") and hit 'enter' on your keyboard, you'll see that you will be redirected to the index page, this is the behavior I'm referring to and it is caused by some php module, which is why the view more button is always spinning. 

The Forum post is edited by ross May 5 '15
Klaus-dieter Michel
Tried that with the quote and you are right, it redirected to the index page. I'll get not in contact with my hosting provider support. If I find something out that might be helpful to know for forum members I will post an info here.
Klaus-dieter Michel
It's sorted now. I contacted the hosting provider support and Ross was right, it was a php module causing the problem.

The support man wrote: It seems that the function on your site is causing the module to believe that there's a hacker attempting to use a MySQL injection attack on the server.

Details from error log: [error] ... ModSecurity: Access denied with redirection to ... index ... using status 302 (phase 2) ... blurb blurb ... [uri "/newsfeed/ajax/load-item-list/"] ...

Maybe that might help somebody
ross Team
ross May 6 '15
Great. Thanks for letting us know. I'm going to mark this thread as Solved
carson
carson Feb 19
The Broken Planet market serves as a bustling hub within the game, offering players a diverse array of goods and services essential for their survival and progression. Here, adventurers can procure powerful weapons, armor upgrades, and essential supplies to enhance their capabilities and better face the challenges of the shattered world. Additionally, the market serves as a social nexus where players can interact, trade resources, and form alliances to tackle the dangers of the planet together. With its dynamic economy and ever-changing inventory, the Broken Planet Market is a vital resource for players seeking to thrive in this unforgiving and immersive multiplayer universe.
madhuri patel
madhuri patel Feb 22
Must visit  body to body massage centres in bangalore because the choice of massage oil can influence the overall experience, and individuals with allergies or sensitivities should be cautious in selecting appropriate oils.