We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blank page after trying to delete a Latest Activity post | Forum

Juan
Juan Nov 16 '10
Hello again, under Admin, when I try to delete a Latest Activity post, like when a new member joins or someone adds a video or whatever, it throws me to a blank page and it doesn't delete the post.
Attachments:
  Delete_Latest_activity.jpg (46.63Kb)
  Delete_Latest_activity_blank.jpg (59.54Kb)
Den Team
Den Nov 17 '10
Would you enable debug mode in ow_includes/config.php file and try to delete it again? You will see an actual error
Juan
Juan Nov 17 '10
It said: OW Debug - WarningMessage: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "/home/username/public_html/mydomain/ow_plugins/activity/views/controllers/action_delete.html"
File: /home/username/public_html/mydomain/ow_libraries/smarty/Smarty.class.php
Line: 1092

I noticed that members can delete their own "Latest Activity" post with no problems.
The Forum post is edited by Juan Nov 17 '10
Den Team
Den Nov 18 '10
Would you attache here this file from your site:
ow_plugins/activity/plugin.xml

This file contains version of your friends plugin.
I ask you about this cos we have already fixed this bug in previous versions.
Juan
Juan Nov 18 '10
I re-installed the plugin again... this time I deleted the plugin from the server first instead of over writing it then installed the plugin from scratch and that took care of the problem, it's working now. Thanks for your help Adden, you guys are awesome!! Great support!!... I love the Oxwall software :)
The Forum post is edited by Juan Nov 18 '10
Den Team
Den Nov 18 '10
You are welcome Juan :)
But I think that you didn't have cronjob setup correctly that's why you do not get plugin's auto update requests. This is very important, cos we release new plugins update every week.
Juan
Juan Nov 19 '10
I see Adden, don't know much about cronjobs... first time learning about cron. I guess my cron was disabled when I re-installed the update the last time. I do remember having to reset it for the email.

Cheers!!
maria
maria Jun 10 '23

Hi there! It seems like there might be an issue with the delete function under Admin for Latest Activity posts. The fact that it redirects to a blank page without actually deleting the post is inconvenient. I recommend reaching out to the latest APKsupport team or the platform's technical support for assistance in resolving this issue. They should be able to help you troubleshoot and fix the problem.