We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

chat message fix | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
tammy harris
tammy harris May 5 '15
is there a fix for im chat to make it stop sending the words text message yet

i am getting so many complaints from site users
Taissa Team
Taissa May 6 '15
Tammy, unless you provide me with the, at least, screenshots - I will not be able to assist you.
I would appreciate if you explain how we can reproduce the problem in details.

tammy harris
tammy harris May 6 '15
the problem was reported and to be fixed long time ago

to reproduce it you just need send lots messages and sooner or latter the hint words text message will get sent after the massage or sometime wrapped it the message so if i was to say hi
you get 
texhit message 
Taissa Team
Taissa May 7 '15
Tammy, please provide me with the screenshot. I can not reproduce this issue and need more information.
tammy harris
tammy harris May 7 '15
also messages get doubled up still 

tammy harris
tammy harris May 7 '15
test message words being sent in chat

Taissa Team
Taissa May 13 '15
Tammy, please check whether you may reproduce this issue on our Demo.
If yes, then please provide us with screenshots from Demo site and  info about the browser name and its version you're using.

Note: you may create a few accounts using our Demo. Open each user account in different browsers, also you may use incognito or private browser windows. So you may test this plugin to the fullest extent.
tammy harris
tammy harris May 13 '15
the problem is it takes hours of chatting to some one before it does it 
Taissa Team
Taissa May 13 '15
Tammy, thank you for information but as we always say, to solve the issue first of all, we need to reproduce it. Unfortunately, if you can not reproduce the issue on our Demo, we can not assist you to solve the issue.
As soon as you can provide all the information and screenshots that we need and we would reproduced this bug, we will be able to do a fix.

If you are reporting a bug, please remember we always need the following information:
- how to reproduce it on our Demo;
- what the name and version of browser you are using;
- what the theme you are using;
- what the core and plugin version.
The Forum post is edited by Taissa May 14 '15
Emil
Emil Jun 12 '15
Same issue here but only in actual Mailbox. When you open the mailbox and chat from there (not from the little chat window on the bottom of the page) when you type something it sends along "text message" too... weird.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 15 '15
it seams to happen more when you have lots plugins so page load is slower 
with a user with 2000 friends so page load times are through the roof 
seams to happen more often 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 15 '15
is like message is able to be typed and sent before the chat plugin is fully loaded or something