We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Issues with Emails | Forum

Lucifer666S8n
Lucifer666S8n May 9 '15
I searched but found nothing on this subject - 

Mass mail is sending mails perfectly, however the messages are sent in jumbled HTML - not even formatted as they appear in the Admin spot - 

I would also mention that text entry sitewide is rather impeded - unless you can use fluent HTML... 

Thoughts please would be appreciated? 

(Note - I love Oxwall - it beats the pants off of Elgg and all the others - just looking to keep it polished - )

ross Team
ross May 12 '15
Lucifer, can you please provide the screenshot of your original e-mail you were going to sent, then the screenshot of what a user gets? 

Also what mail agents the users use?

Lucifer666S8n
Lucifer666S8n Sep 6 '15
I could not get the email issue to reproduce and seems to have been a issue with Thunderbird - (which i Was using) as the rest using web-based mail had no issue... Apologize with my late response.. Been extremely busy as of late. 
ross Team
ross Sep 6 '15
As you probably know Oxwall sends two versions of the e-mail html and plain text(in case of mass mailing you can choose the format), the rest is up to mail agent how to handle and parse the mails it gets. So it is definitely problem with the Thunderbird