We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Data Lost after plugin update | Forum

JoshWho
JoshWho May 12 '15
There was a update today for the plugin Admin Pal, and i started the update and my browsers crashed in the middle of it. When my browser restored the page it said updated complete and now other plugins that has custom text entry boxes deleted all content included the Main Page Box for meta tags. I'm not understanding why any of that data would get touched. every plugin should use its own resource and not share others. This really pissed me off. I shouldn't have to make a complete backup of my site every time there is 1 or 2 plugin updates. Oxwall needs to make it auto backup and have a option to restore in case such stupid actions happen again. This is begginer stuff. Wordpress has been doing this for years when will Oxwall catch up?
ross Team
ross May 12 '15
There's a plugin in the store: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/225 for that

As to the native feature like that, you're free to make a suggestion to uservoice: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall if it gets enough voice, we'll consider implementing it. In the meantime this is considered as a custom plugin development. You will need to do that on your own or hire a programmer. 

JoshWho
JoshWho May 12 '15
I have that plugin ross. It hasn't worked since the day i got it. i have complained about it to the developer and he has never contacted me back and this was a few moths ago.  Im already working on the backup system. Its not hard. Simple php and shell script with cron works perfect.
The Forum post is edited by JoshWho May 12 '15
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 5 '16
is still this auto backup plugin dead? i really need that plugin but i scare buy it because i heard so many says it not works
JoshWho
JoshWho Mar 5 '16
no don't buy it. Your cpanel should back it up just fine.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 6 '16
i dont have auto backup in my cpanel. how to get it?
JoshWho
JoshWho Mar 6 '16
Who is your hosting provider?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 6 '16
i have only backup thati can do manually if i want
JoshWho
JoshWho Mar 6 '16
I would just do that rather than buy the plugin. It doesn't work and can make your server unstable. It will run your mem 100%
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 6 '16
why he dont fix the plugin? i see many dev her try to fix they plugin and update and that good news hope it will last forever. but still many plugins that have to much errors and not updated long time.
ross Team
ross Mar 7 '16
Marcus, Josh, if you leave 2 more negative reviews for this plugin: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/225 we'll contact the plugin developer on our own to fix the issues. 

I'm not encouraging you to, but seems like review will reflect the current state of the plugin which is negative. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 7 '16
JoshWho
JoshWho Mar 7 '16
Done
ross Team
ross Mar 7 '16
Alright, let's wait for the Marcus and what he says
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 7 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 7 '16
I can not make a negative review, i need buy it first and i not willing buy it because it was updated 2013 last time. 3 years ago...lol... but i want to buy it if it working and not slow down the entire server run the mem 100% would not bee good if that is true. i think josh know more what wrong with this plugin because i did not buy it but as i said i wanted to buy if it worked.
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Mar 7 '16
ross Team
ross Mar 7 '16
Oh, ok, I thought you obtained it after all. 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 7 '16
i hope he will update it to a better version? it is the only backup plugin at oxwall with auto feature and exactly what i looking for