We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

oxwall as intranet/offline tool | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Gwenllian South
Gwenllian South May 19 '15
This is probably a weird question but is there any way to install this software locally on a LAN or WLAN for example?

I use it currently as a vehicle for teaching Internet safety but my hosting provider is limiting me to 20 concurrent users max. I need a minimum of 30.

I can't use the hosting companies suggested by Oxwall because UK schools can only use UK-based servers.

Thanks in advance.
Sean
Sean May 19 '15
Yes, install WAMP on a server on your local school network and then set Oxwall up on there :)
Gwenllian South
Gwenllian South May 19 '15
Thanks Sean...I thought that would probably be the answer. The problem is I'm peripatetic so I guess if I do that I'd need to set up a WLAN and carry the server round with me.

I may end up shelling out for VPS at this rate. Sigh.
Taissa Team
Taissa May 20 '15
Gwenllian South, if I understand you correctly, to install the Oxwall software locally you may use the WAMP portable.
Check the search results how to make WAMP portable in google:
https://www.google.com/...;espv=2&ie=UTF-8 .

In this case you will need to edit every time the ow_core/config.php file and change value of OW_URL_HOME to IP address of computer where you run the server.
Gwenllian South
Gwenllian South May 21 '15
That's an interesting suggestion - I'll give that a try. Thanks Taissa.
Taissa Team
Taissa May 21 '15
You're welcome. Keep us updated.
markes
markes Mar 17 '22
As you all can see and will like to know about OXWALL AS INTRANET/OFFLINE TOOL | FORUM, so we hope that by following this site you can learn writing services australia as that will be what there are many in need will like for now as well as for later context.