We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Website slow to load | Forum

Ivan
Ivan Nov 17 '10
Hi,

Not really sure what the problem is but once in a while my website is slow to load. The page lags behind. www.iamforeigner.com

On occasion I would skim through the pages and one particular page wouldn't load for ages. eg. everything loads quick but the videos page for example.

This happens within Admin as well. When I go to admin, sometimes it takes a while before it goes to an option I choose - sometimes it doesn't even go and I would have to re-click the option again.

Has this bug been reported before? Social networking site depends highly on how fast pages opens and whether or not any of the pages lags behind (hence the success of facebook).

Thought I should let you know and if there's a way to fix it but otherwise happy with the product.

Cheers.
Den Team
Den Nov 18 '10
Speed of loading pages depends from different factors, for example:
- how many user do you have online?
- what hosting plan do you use?
- if you use shared hosting account you may have such speed problems due to server overload cos you can't control server at all.

I suggest you to use VPS as minimum hosting plan to control your server. In this case you are able to install monitor utilities and see the real situation.
The Forum post is edited by Den Nov 18 '10
Ivan
Ivan Nov 18 '10
VPS? Do please enlighten me. How do I get this and which companies would work best with an oxwall platform? :) Im currently with BlueHost.com which I think might be a shared hosting account.
Toni
Toni Nov 18 '10
Hello Ivan, i have seen that you included adverts in your site.. how did you do it?

i'm sorry i can't help you with your problem, i am having the same experience... load time is more than 6 seconds...
Den Team
Den Nov 18 '10
VPS - Virtual Private Server. You can purchase it from any hosting company (bluehost too). With VPS you can control and monitor you site's activity and detect directly the reasons of slow speed.
By the way, I tried to open your site www.iamforeigner.com and it opens fast.
I suggest you to start from small and cheap steps:
- make sute you have dev_mode and debug_mode disabled in ow_includes/config.php file
- use this service http://www.pingdom.com to monitor response time of your site in realtime. May be you have just slow internet connection and site load slow only on your computer. In this case it is cheaper to change ISP instead buy VPS.

If this will not help, then it means you have a little bit of traffic on your site :) and you can try to buy VPS or Dedicated Server and tune it for high load.

We have tens of thousands of networks on wall.fm powored by oxwall. And all this networks works perfect and fast on just one server with 8Gb ram. Also, oxwall was tested and optimized by our dev team for best page loading.
Ivan
Ivan Nov 19 '10
Toni, I am running my own adverts (ones i created myself) on my site as well as Google adsense (ads by google). Click them to find out. You can see the page source what the html looks like. the advertisement plugin helps you place particular ads at particular places (although currently the plugin is mulfunctional) and at the countries you want.
Josh
Josh Aug 27 '13
Thanks so much Den. I did leave my DEV_MODE on... and now the website runs instantly! Awesome. 
Alia Team
Alia Aug 27 '13
Josh in case you face any load issues in future, enabling PROFILER in config.php ( same place where you enable DEV and DEBUG) might help you to detect the cause of slow down.

Enabled profiler shows database queries, requests, pages, speed and a lot of other data that might be useful.

Ackrolix innovations
If you have any questions related website then click here.
elenapatrick
elenapatrick Nov 16 '22
if you manage to solve the issue with your website. then enter more details by clicking here.
Maher Tanvir Hussain
Dear Sir Thanks for sharing this if you're unhappy your web site loading time visit This Web Hosting

Maher Tanvir Hussain
Shared hosting is a cost-effective and convenient solution for individuals and small businesses looking to launch a website. One of the Best Shared Hosting service available today is ARYHOST. Here are a few reasons why you should consider using ARYHOST for your shared hosting needs:

Affordable pricing: ARYHOST offers a range of shared hosting plans at competitive prices. This makes it accessible for anyone looking to start a website without breaking the bank.
Reliability: ARYHOST uses top-of-the-line hardware and software to ensure that your website is always up and running. They also have a 99.9% uptime guarantee, so you can rest assured that your website will be accessible to your visitors.

Attachments:
  Screenshot_20221111_044344.jpg (387Kb)
emilaedde
emilaedde Jan 28 '23
Simply click here to fix all of your SEO-related problems. One click will solve all your issues.
Ronald Higgins
Ronald Higgins Jan 28 '23
The speed of loading pages may vary among users: it depends on the server load, the Internet channel, the work of the software and other factors. If your site is quite large, it's worth asking for an expert review https://tech-stack.com/services/consulting-service
pooledorothyw
pooledorothyw Jul 12 '23
Hey there,

I also facing the same issue on my website from last couple of days. I try my best to fix but could not do this. Need help regarding this. How can I fix this? Review my website Computer chip

Anurag Pandey
Anurag Pandey Dec 11 '23

Hey,
For a slow-loading website, focus on optimizing server response time, image compression, caching, React component efficiency, file minification, database queries, CDN integration, and use performance monitoring tools like PageSpeed Insights. Regularly check and tweak these aspects for optimal results.
Cheers,

The Forum post is edited by Anurag Pandey Dec 11 '23
Adam
Adam Feb 17
In fact, page loading speed is very important these days, especially if you want to take care of your SEO. I recently studied the post https://propellerads.com/blog/adv-where-to-get-targeted-traffic/ in which I wanted to understand the basic principles by which you can get relevant traffic to your blog. One of the most important points there is SEO