We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Great experience with chat support integration to Oxwall site. | Forum

Kim
Kim May 22 '15
Hi,

I just want to share this with you guys. Hope you don´t look at it as spam - ´cause it´s not.

A month ago I startet to look for someway to "catch" people visiting my site, even before they create a profil - but just arrive at the index site.
So I searched the net, and found this tiny cloud-based system called Crowdio.

They didn´t have any experience with Oxwall, but they wanted to know more, and soon after, it was implemented on my site.

You create an account on their site, design the colors of your support chat, welcome message etc and then you get a simple HTML code you integrate in your directory and then it works on computers and mobile devices - really awesome. (and they can also do so it only works on computers, so the Support Chat don´t interfere with the chat inside the site - you have to write them for this.

Picture 1. I put the Chat-bar in the left site so it doesn´t interfere with the chat inside Oxwall
Picture 3. How it looks when the support is online and a potential customer sends a message.
Picture 4. How it looks on the Crowdio site when the supporter opens the message.

And this is the *free* plan - with 1 supporter - you can get more if you want to pay for it.

Really awesome tool.

Just wanted you guys to know about it, if it could come in handy :)

Best regards Kim

The Forum post is edited by Kim May 22 '15
Attachments:
  Snip20150522_1.png (7Kb)
  Snip20150522_2.png (26Kb)
  Snip20150522_3.png (28Kb)
  Snip20150522_4.png (41Kb)
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H May 22 '15
Thanks for sharing Kim I think I have come across them before as the name seems familiar, glad you are enjoying the Oxwall software and that you were able to integrate this script into your Oxwall powered site :)
The Forum post is edited by Kieron H May 22 '15
Kim
Kim May 22 '15
I hope its ok that I wrote this Kieron?!
And I sure do :)
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H May 22 '15
I't should be, plus it is in general chat so that is kinda what this forum is for haha :)
Kim
Kim May 22 '15
Cool :) Don´t want to "risk" my "membership" in here ;)

Jordi
Jordi May 29 '15
check tawk.to its almost the same but free. with unlimted users. I'am using that on many sites. 

they have a mobile app for ios and android .

and intergration is very simple. I only have it running on mu sign-in and join page's

Kim
Kim Jun 1 '15
thx Jordi - I´ll tjek it to :)