We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Chatwee for Oxwall! | Forum

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jun 6 '15
Hello everyone, this is Vladimir: The Creator of Roleplay Social. There is an amazing chat waiting for you to add it to your sites! However it is currently not integrated to work with the member base! Help me and others get this integrated by voting for the oxwall integration feature!!

Sure there are people who can get this to work right now, but what about us who are not that skilled at working with api related things? 

Sure you can use the chat without integration and I actually am currently on http://roleplaysocial.me It's the best chat I have used thus far and if it was integrated I can guarantee it could be one of your favorite chats too!

You can vote for it here:

https://www.chatwee.com/client/suggestions

The Forum post is edited by Vladimir Bach Jun 6 '15
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jun 6 '15
It appears you must be a member to vote.. :/ Well try it out and see how you like it!
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 7 '15
even if it was interrelated into oxwall i would not use it 
only 5 users at a time hahahaha 
or pay per month to get more users  no way 
http://www.cometchat.com/
one off payment already integrated into oxwall apps n more 
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jun 7 '15
^ problem with cometchat

Causes profile customization to mess up and interferes with coding on the site...

Causes the site to load slower...even when using comet service. 

Uses server resources

Get some of the same problems with arrowchat. 

-Can't customize homepage without turning off arrowchat

-Messes with member profile pages

-Causes site to sometimes not load at all, even when using arrowchat push service. 

-always have to repair member database for chat because someone doesn't show up or if causes their page to act funny preventing their notifications from working, etc. 

-uses server resources

Problems with chatwee

-costs per so many users - yea kinda a turn off.. however it's way better than the iflychat which is currently available for oxwall.

-not integrated for oxwall yet

pros: 

-Loads extremely quick - fastest loading chat/script I've seen.

-many different features that make it easy to use on desktop or mobile. Move from left side to right side of the site, compact box chat mode, full sidebar chat mode. Pop-out.

-guest chat that doesn't cause normal members to turn into guests like arrowchat does.

-multi-domain. You can use this chat on more than one domain at a time, without paying extra like you have to on cometchat and arrowchat. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 7 '15
what about skysa i used it long time ago and seamed to work fine 
i have not used for long time since oxwall chat hooked to mail box so member get mail on new chat
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jun 10 '15
Hello Vladimir,

I hope you're doing great!

Thank you for your inquiry and I'm sorry for such a long reply.

Just want you to know, that our team has taken up developing the chat plugin for Oxwall. I cannot promise any date yet, but as soon as it will be ready, you will be the very first person I'll let know about it.

I hope the above is useful to you.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Wojciech Majerski
Wojciech Majerski Jun 27 '15
Hi there @Vladimir,

This is Pawel from Chatwee. We've released the first version of Oxwall Chat by Chatwee as you requested. For now it's avaiable at https://www.chatwee.com/oxwall-chat-plugin

It's a very basic version, it includes Single Sign-on and couple more settings. I'll be happy if you could try it and leave your feedback or any thoughts on improving the plugin in the future. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Cheers,

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jun 27 '15
Awesome! Thank you so much ^^
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Aug 2 '15
It works ok, however there seems to be a problem. When you visit the site from another location, it doesn't let you enter the chat. I have sense removed chatwee and am using arrowchat.