We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Getting imposible to load at exact same time each day | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Emil
Emil Jun 9 '15
Hello. Are there some automated setting on oxwall that are being executed at exact same time each day?

Because since I installed oxwall (in April) I had this problem where at exactly 18.20 o'clock it gets incredibly slow.

This lasts for about 2-3 hours. It's not the server it's not backups I'm making because I switched 3 servers so far and the issue persists.

Anyone can't point me in the right direction?
The Forum post is edited by Emil Jun 9 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 11 '15
Emil, do you use third-party plugins?  Did you try to deactivate all third-party plugins to exclude them?
You may also check ow_base_cron_job database table. This database tables stores information related to Cron Jobs’ activity on your Oxwall website.
Emil
Emil Jun 11 '15
Thanks for the reply dear Taissa :)

Yes, even with system plugins only site gets slow. Site is rather small and doesn't even have many users online. My hosting provider says I don't even hit 10% of the resources of my hosting plan so it's not any limits imposed by the host. They say it must be the software itself I just can't figure out what the problem is... during daytime it runs completely fine, during 18-22 hr. it gets sometimes impossible to load.

No sure what to look for in ow_base_cron_job (sorry I'm a complete idiot)

Here's a screenshot
Attachments:
  Untitled.png (92Kb)
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 11 '15
look mail logs in whm maybe thats time most emails are being sent 
maybe the server is set to store mails and send at that time 

but you not say what hosting are you on 
are you on shared server ?
Emil
Emil Jun 11 '15
Yes shared hosting (highest plan) 90 gb storage 180 min cpu time, 1.5 GB ram 3 MB/s i/o usage but the weird thing is I don't use even 10% of recources here's stats from cpanel

How to do that in CPanel? (track mails sent?)

Attachments:
  Untitled1.png (49Kb)
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 11 '15
when your site is slow whats ur cpu etc
being on shared maybe it not even you but other sites using all the server resources 

and other sites using all the bandwidth 
Emil
Emil Jun 12 '15
Hey Tammy, thanks for your replies. When site is slow or not loading CPU is still under 10% and resources do not hit any limit. Also it is not the server because I already switched 3 servers because of this problem (thankfully my hosting provider is patient with me) and I tried other sites on that server and they load just fine at the time my site doesn't load.

The weird part is that most of the time it loads alright, even fast... but there are times usually evening (18-22 hr) that it starts to lag seriously.

Here's a Profiler dump. (I don't know how to read that). But this dump is from when the site loads okay because I can't get one from when the site is slow because it just doesn't show up.

The Forum post is edited by Emil Jun 12 '15
Attachments:
  Developer tools.doc (650Kb)
Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 16 '15
Emil, to exclude the cron job issue please set the cron runs once a week in cPanel  for one day, for example. And check if the issue still persist.
Also, hosting can provide you with the trace of queries that load your server the most. And if the issue is connected to cron you will see the .../ow_cron/run.php in this trace.