We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Remove Origion Theme (front end) | Forum

matt
matt Jun 11 '15
Hi,

Were using Theme changer. I want to remove the origin theme (as a front end), so that users cannot select it.

I realize that origin includes the admin theme, and if I remove the theme from the install, it will throw a 500.

So how might I make origin, not an option for front end, or have origin as *only* an admin theme?

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 11 '15
i have been think on something like this or on how add the admin theme to another theme 

but never had time to try
Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 15 '15
matt, if you are meaning the OldFuture Theme Changer plugin, the best way is to contact this  third party plugin developer and ask about this customization.

matt
matt Jun 15 '15
Thanks Taissa,  I am quite aware of how to contact one of my suppliers. But I am asking about something else.

Kindest,

Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 16 '15
matt, you cannot delete Origin theme, as whole admin panel is based on this theme. As I said before if you need to make custom code plugin modification, you will need contact the plugin developer.
Or if I misunderstood you please, rephrase your question and give more details.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 16 '15
taissa 

the problem is 

say you have 2 themes 
and have theme changer plugin 
and only want your members to have the choose of the 2 theme
you can not do this as you need to also have origin theme as well for the admin

admin theme should not be part of site theme 

but as i is nned find a way to include the admin theme into other themes

or work out how to remove the site part of origin theme

i bought theme changer long time ago and have not used it because of this problem 
and just have not had any time in to try do anything with try add admin to other themes

matt
matt Jun 16 '15
Sorting out theme changer is straight forward enough (in theory) I think one can just define the array 'manually' with the theme keys (excluding the ones that one doesn't want to appear).

Separating the front end and back end them, in origin, still stands as a task...
matt
matt Jun 16 '15
@ Tammy

So in themeroller service.php

$allThemes = array();

Instead of building the array by calling the installed theme keys, we can simply build the array manually?

Taissa - Move to customization section, if you like.

Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 17 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.