We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 12 '15
another crap plugin from younet
http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1114

mobile app 
1 i already join there test before with facebook
on your app on try login with facebook it takes me to make new profile
lol and on submit it says email already taken 

2 there cron or email server not set up as i not got reset password email 

so i deleted my profile on there test site hoping they had the new password on fb join working only to find they also have confirm email set up 
that i cant join as your site does not send mail

come on really why are these scammers still allowed to sell plugins that dont work

they have updated few there plugin 
media inporter now is more messed up then before they updated it
in the new fb api you need get permision to be able to pull pics from facebook but there fb canvas page is against fb policy's so you wont get approval to inport photos

Friend inviter well it still does not work i have spend days on try get this working, there set up instructions are completely wrong
and it needs in  fb api to get permissions to use invites 
but as in media inporter the canvas page is against fb policy's 

social join
the icons are still not removed from the page so any site link in newsfeeds or chat come up with the icons
the new features 
email and password  in admin the language doe not show up even after refresh language and uninstall re install plugin
an save setting is e 500 error 

and still i am in a battle with them as they want me to pay them to fix there crappy plugins
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 12 '15
there demo site does not have cron set up so i  i cheated and run there cron manual so i could 
join there demo site on desktop with facebook and do verify email and set password
then go api

1 facebook login does not work 
2 normal login does not work says wrong password but works on login desktop

delete profile from demo site
3 facebook regester does not work the app gets to a page say click send to send conferm email and theres no send button
4  try fill the join form out crop avatar does not work then you get you into the app but says nothing on have to confirm email 
and no email is sent as theres no click to send email button page
5 edit profile and try change email so it will send the confirm email and broke the app

delete app and try again

and same app crashes 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

how did this get passed to be sold it the store 
what if any testing was done on it 

E.D.
E.D. Jun 12 '15
who believes that he with the app what good is wrong
This app has been tested according to ancient Android devices. Operator Page
Think that this app has an ancient code and with Android or IOS devices neurons do not work
and the price is laugh
so I'm not going to buy me

in the other app available in the store, I've already made a significant contribution
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 12 '15
the other app in store sounded great and i was talking lots with the dev before he released it 

i told him to fully test it before release so dont get smashed by lots give bad reviews and forums 
i offered to help and test it for him but he told me i had to buy it 
and theres no way i do that before fully testing it 

now look the mess he and his app are in lol
E.D.
E.D. Jun 13 '15

I told him

Hello,

Yes, the App is old code, using deprecated methods (in Titanium) in many areas including Facebook. It will take some work to get the App running well. Facebook changed their API, and we created a new “module” for this. The App uses the old API and so needs updating to work with Facebook. I set it to “Social Integration False”  but there are still places that it tries to call the API and fails.

Note: when developing with Titanium, the App will show errors like attached. There is console output as well to help fix the App. When you “package” the App, the “runtime errors” will not display and the app will fail if there are errors. 

The following needs to happen to get the App into the Apple store and Google Playstore:

• Make some icons
  • Fix the JSON parse issue
  • Fix the Facebook integration
  • Fix the deprecated APIs
  • Turn off status bar when on iOS
  • Fix registration from the App
  • Get an Apple developer account
  • Get a Mac with Xcode
  • Get our software setup
  • Get a google developer account
  • Download the Android SDK and configure your Environment

• Taissa Team
    Taissa Jun 23 '15
    Topic was moved from General Questions.
    Din
    Din Jun 23 '15

Quote from E.D.

I told him

Hello,

Yes, the App is old code, using deprecated methods (in Titanium) in many areas including Facebook. It will take some work to get the App running well. Facebook changed their API, and we created a new “module” for this. The App uses the old API and so needs updating to work with Facebook. I set it to “Social Integration False”  but there are still places that it tries to call the API and fails.

Note: when developing with Titanium, the App will show errors like attached. There is console output as well to help fix the App. When you “package” the App, the “runtime errors” will not display and the app will fail if there are errors. 

The following needs to happen to get the App into the Apple store and Google Playstore:

• Make some icons
  • Fix the JSON parse issue
  • Fix the Facebook integration
  • Fix the deprecated APIs
  • Turn off status bar when on iOS
  • Fix registration from the App
  • Get an Apple developer account
  • Get a Mac with Xcode
  • Get our software setup
  • Get a google developer account
  • Download the Android SDK and configure your Environment

• Hello. Are you talking about their mobile app for oxwall?
    Dirk
    Dirk Jul 3 '15
    Ehhhh 499???? Really? There is an app for 40 BUT even this app has no to little support. Why isn't there a quality check for these kind of developers. In my opinion tis harms OXWALL and its reliability. For whom it may concern. Right now we are in negotiation with developers party to develop a real cross platform app. I will try to put it online in the store as soon as its developed..

Please give us input in features so I can take this in consideration.

Please go to topic:

- http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/38832

To give suggestions

//Dirk 

The Forum post is edited by Dirk Jul 3 '15
    This topic is locked