We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron Job E-mail | Forum

bob
bob Jun 14 '15
Can anyone tell me what this means? 

lock file /home/virtfs/_lock/7935 created by pid 32343 was not removed before the process died
how to fix?
thinks

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 14 '15
set debug on and then go to 
ursite.com/ow_cron/run.php

then you will see the error
ross Team
ross Jun 14 '15
Tammy, if you don't know what the issue is about, please do not give any instructions

Bob it has nothing to do with our software: https://www.google.com/...;espv=2&ie=UTF-8

You will need to contact your hosting provider to resolve the issue. 

Do you have suexec module enabled on your server?

bob
bob Jun 16 '15
Contacted Arvixe and no help said didn't know what it was
The Forum post is edited by bob Jun 16 '15
bob
bob Jun 16 '15
Also Site is runnung slow and people that are not signed in show as signed in
The Forum post is edited by bob Jun 16 '15
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jun 16 '15
Ross. Just a suggestion.  I am also with Arvixe,  and had users staying online until they changed the cron to the direct path. Do you think Bob could be experiencing the same issue?
bob
bob Jun 16 '15
how did you get to support i thinging of changing to another server

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jun 16 '15
I opened a ticket regarding the problem I was having. I also called their support line.
ross Team
ross Jun 16 '15
Bob if your users staying online, that means the cron jobs are not properly configured. Please check this tutorial: 

https://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron

if none of the commands work, contact support team of Arvixe to assist you in cron configuration. 

As to the error-ock file /home/virtfs/_lock/7935 created by pid 32343 was not removed before the process died it has nothing to do with the software, it's something wrong on the server side as the lock file cannot be removed. 

bob
bob Jun 17 '15

Ross

I talked to Arvixe on the phone. The guy didn't know what that error was or how to fix it.

The site didn't have any thing wrong until I updated it to 1.7.4 and you are right it has nothing to do with the software I have been using oxwall for the past 3 years with no problems So if Arvixe can't fix this I will have to move the site to another server Looking for that now

ross Team
ross Jun 17 '15
Bob, Arvixe is one of our recommended hosting providers if the error won't be fixed on their side, please let me know. 
bob
bob Jun 18 '15

Ross

The say it is working fine so it must be some or one of the plugins like cron test maybe that is not working but I still don't any e- mail from the cron any more also people that are not online, show online abd also show online in messenger

Thanks for your

help

The Forum post is edited by bob Jun 18 '15
ross Team
ross Jun 18 '15
That means the cron jobs are not properly configured, contact their support team to assist you in cron configuration. I recommend to use command with direct route to the cron.php file, check the Run cron locally section in the tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron