We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Help: Disable Likes or Comments from having their own News feed post | Forum

Erock
Erock Jun 18 '15
When someone likes or comments on a Newsfeed post, a new post is created to let everyone know that so-n-so liked or commented on so-n-so's post. I want it to stop doing that. What do I need to remove in which file to do so?

I like the likes and comments features, but I'd rather not have them clutter the newsfeed.

Thanks ahead of time for your help (whoever ends up helping me)!

-Eric

Erock
Erock Jun 18 '15
Thanks for the quick answer. 

I tried what you suggested, and the only thing that seemed to do was take the "so-n-so liked/commented on this post" part. So now it looks like they just posted the same thing again, but there is one more like or comment than last time. 

I thought maybe it was because of the if else statement afterwards so I tried commenting out that as well, and it seems that it didn't change anything. 

//$shouldExtend = $this->displayType == NEWSFEED_CMP_Feed::DISPLAY_TYPE_ACTIVITY && $lastActivity !== null;         //if ( $shouldExtend )        //{           // if ( !empty($lastActivity['data']['string']) || !empty($lastActivity['data']['line']) )           // {               // $data = $this->applyRespond($data, $lastActivity);           // }       // }                //if ( $lastActivity !== null )        //{           // $data = $this->extendAction($data, $lastActivity);            //$data = $this->extendActionData($data, $lastActivity);        //}

I think the change needs to be made before this point because at this point, the code has already decided it is going to make a new post from the last activity. The code above seems to just decide what it is going to do with it. 

I should clarify that if each post in the newsfeed had a number, and I went to like number 5, I don't want number 5 becoming number 1 after I like it. I want all posts to stay put. I basically want the newsfeed to behave like facebook in that sense.

Again, thanks for your quick reply and your insight @Rebecca!

Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 18 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Dnyan
Dnyan Nov 27 '15
Thanks it work to remove x like y from the top of news feed
Jojo
Jojo Feb 2 '16
I have an answer that just stops all of the user's "Activity" from posting automatically. Do you still want to know this?
It stops ALL activity from posting though. But you can post comments still and new status'
dfp
dfp Oct 23 '18
Yes, please, Jojo
John
John Oct 24 '18
david john
david john Feb 28 '23
Any modifications to the codebase can potentially introduce new bugs or security vulnerabilities, so it is important to thoroughly incredibox test any changes before deploying them to a production environment.
The Forum post is edited by david john Feb 28 '23
Nadja Wenzl
Nadja Wenzl Jul 17 '23
Fantastic job! Anyone may pick up a paddle and enjoy the thrill of close matches. Many players enjoy and appreciate soccer random, thus it's not just for sports-game enthusiasts.
gulammoin
gulammoin Jul 19 '23
Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.strawberry milk body cleanser
gulammoin
gulammoin Jul 19 '23
Please share more like that.mp3 song
Ted Harold
Ted Harold Sep 20 '23
Today is a wonderful day, windy and sunny, I hope whoever reads this message has a wonderful day. Don't forget to try this heardle game - it's so much fun
The Forum post is edited by Ted Harold Sep 21 '23
alireza
alireza Oct 3 '23
Thanks to my friend , i just found out about this website, it gave me a lot of useful information.
likebepi
likebepi Oct 15 '23
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks... Minecraft PE Apk
John Wong
John Wong Oct 15 '23
Seeing such an open and informed discussion on green maeng da kratom is refreshing. The community needs more of this!
Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

Some really   nice and  utilitarian  information on this website  ,  besides  I  believe  the  style  has   superb  features.

shillong teer result

bilalsonija
bilalsonija Jan 5

Hello! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to take a look. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Wonderful blog and wonderful style and design.

gutter cleaning bristol

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

Nice post. I discover some thing tougher on distinct blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and employ something there. I’d would prefer to apply certain with the content on my own weblog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll provide a link on your internet weblog. Appreciate your sharing.

shillong teer result

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

This is really too a very great publishing all of us critically skilled searching via. It's not even close to every day we now have danger to look at something.

เว็บพนันบอลออนไลน์ที่ดีที่สุด 2022

Ãbdûl Qādïr Seø

For this reason it's much better that you could relevant evaluation in front of generating. You'll be able to publish higher post that way.

เว็บพนันออนไลน์ที่ดีที่สุด 2021

Pages: 1 2 »