We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

problem with icon - Social Connect 1.01 | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 19 '15
from now on i am going to post my support ticket here for every one to see
you net Ticket #852252

i still can not find a way of removing the facebook icon
so site links posted in newsfeeds and chat wont show the facebook icon

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 19 '15
younets answer

To remove the facebook icon of Social Connect, you have to go to admin > plugins > installed plugins > Social Connect, setting > under "Manage Social Providers" tab, deactivate Facebook.

For other issues, please give us some screenshots and let us know how to reproduce your problems. Then provide us your Admin and FTP account to quick check.

Have a nice day!
Kind Regards, 
Duc Dinh
Customer Support Team
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 19 '15
my reply

hahhah really that your answer 
deactivate facebook then its the next icon on the list that becomes the problem

over 12 months ago i told you this problem with screen shots of it doing the same on your demmo site

reproduce it pick any url from the demo site 

try post it in newsfeed or chat and the icon that at the top of the plugin list will be posted with the link

and from memory the answer you gave me was we dont know how to fix this 
and you asked me to fix it and then tell you how i done it
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 19 '15
younets reply

Please reproduce your issue again on our demo site: https://oxwalldemo.younetco.com/
After that, kindly describe it in a screenshot. We need to understand clearly what you're mentioning. Thanks.

Regards,
Duc Dinh
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 19 '15
my reply with screen shot of the problem on there demo site

is not hard get any link from your test site and paste into newsfeed or chat and you get the facebook icon from the join plugin deactivate the plugin and you then get an image from the page or at least the powered by oxwall footer image 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 19 '15
younets reply

After viewing your screenshot, it's not a bug of our products. This issue is caused by Oxwall platform. The facebook icon is the first icon that it's seen in the content of the link when you posted. So kindly contact Oxwall support team to get help on your issue. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 19 '15
my reply

once the person is logged in then the icon should not be there 
the free facebook google join plugins do not do this and once users has logged in they are removed 

deactivate your join plugin and all site links in newsfeeds and chat work fine 

i commented out line 83 in view_login_header
so the icons dont show in header at all
and cleared cache but the icons still show up in newsfeed and chat posts 
so its nothing to do with how oxwall reads the url 

you plugin is screw something up and is making it use the icons 

its a bug that needs fixing
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Jun 19 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 22 '15
younets reply

Get back to Facebook icon, this is a technical issue. FYI, Core of Oxwall platform will parse a URL to get info such as image and text but it will take in case of not logging in and Facebook icon seems to be placed in the first place. Once we disabled Social Connect plugin, Facebook icon was vanished (attachment). Anyway, another staff also used to ask you to contact Oxwall support to ask about this hence kindly contact them to have more info.

Note: You should investigate on News Feed module, don't change anything in Social Connect plugin because this is not caused by Social Connect.

Best Regards,
Vu Do
Customer Support Team
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 22 '15
my reply

please read my post

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 23 '15
there reply

As confirmation from our developer and we'd like to inform you that.

- Once you posted a URL into the form of News Feed, core of platform will parse URL with the form not logging in and will collect some pictures and text (you can click on "Change Images" to see all pictures)

So if it gets wrong, this depends on parsing system of core. Shortly, OxWall Social Connect plugin is not relative to this.

In case you'd like to modify source code of core to remove all icons OxWall Social Connect plugin in parsing system, we're ready to support you make a small custom work and you will take a fee to make this. If you're interested in, you can notify us in ticket.

Best Regards,
Vu Do
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 23 '15
my reply
please read my post

by comment it out the icons do not show 
not even in firefox
view page info / media

view page source and go through the whole lot theres no icon 
but with the plugin activated it still shows in newsfeeds and chat

its a bug  how many times do i have to tell you i will not pay you to fix it 

please read oxwall store terms
http://www.oxwall.org/store/terms

4.2.3 The Vendor undertakes to maintain the working state and provide appropriate support for their Goods listed in The Store.

5.3.2 The User has the right to demand support service for The Goods at the extent stated by The Vendor in the appropriate Good's Terms of Use.

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 26 '15
younet reply

Probably issues are on News Feed plugin. You should get in touch with your technical department to proceed for our indications about the root cause for this error. Then if you need us to support more please check ticket "#709843".

Best Regards,
Vu Do
Customer Support Team

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 26 '15

can you please stop carry on with the same bullshit answers 

over 2 years now i have been trying to get this problem through your thick heads 

read what i have posted i have proved it your plugin thats stuffed and is your plugin thats the problem 

BUT FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW ALL I GET FROM YOU IS THAT YOU WANT ME TO PAY YOU TO FIX YOUR PLUGIN 

2 DAYS AFTER I BOUGHT THIS PLUGIN I REPORTED THIS PROBLEM TO YOU 

AND HERE WE ARE OVER 2 YEARS NOW AND STILL YOUR PLUGIN HAS THIS PROBLEM

You do not have permission to reply this topic