We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[Solved]Fresh install upload problem | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Shaun
Shaun Jun 20 '15
Hi everyone,

I just made a fresh install of oxwall and the first thing I did before doing anything else was try to upload a new theme.

When I click the upload button before I can enter my ftp details I get a message from my browser that tells me the connection was reset or that the page was unavailable.

I also seemed to be having the same issue when uploading plugins however I was able to upload a small sized plugin.

I have a ticket open with host for web who advised me to reset my cach on both my browser and my computer but even after doing that the problem remains.

Any one got any ideas?
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Jul 1 '15
Shaun
Shaun Jun 20 '15
To update this is the last reply from Host for web

Hello Shaun,

We would advise you to verify the path you are using for upload. It is possible that the server connection is timing out because it is not able to find the path specified.

I am sure how I am supposed to do that as I am using the oxwal interface screen in the admin section to add new themes and plugins.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 20 '15
check folder permissions 
all folder must be 755 and files 644
except for these folders:
ow_pluginfiles
ow_userfiles,
ow_static,
ow_smarty/template_c
ow_log
they should be 777
Shaun
Shaun Jun 23 '15
Hi Tammy 

Thank you for the reply. I tried again this morning with a small file and everthing seemed to work so i am keeping my fingers crossed it was just a blip.

Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 23 '15
Shaun, if the error occurs again, then check also your server max file size upload limit.
Shaun
Shaun Jun 25 '15
Hi Taissa

I think that could be the problem. I have not had any time whatsoever to really work on my project but i did note that the server upload limit is set to 3mb and the theme I was trying to upload is about 6mb. 

I did manage to upload my theme by doing it manually using FTP.

Will try again this weekend.

Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 30 '15
Shaun,keep us updated.
Shaun
Shaun Jun 30 '15
Things seem to be magically ok now. I think maybe it a hosting issue and they aorted it. Prohect nearly finished now woohoo