We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

created photo albums but I get an error: > Page not found > Sorry, this document doesn't exist. > | Forum

Bruno Man
Bruno Man Jun 22 '15
Hi, I have created a few photo albums. Pictures show that they are in a particular album but when I click on the album name I get an error:
Page not found
Sorry, this document doesn't exist.
Hope you can help, I am new at Oxwall
Bruno
ross Team
ross Jun 22 '15
I see you have only default plugins installed on your website: http://brisanherbs.co.za/brianswall . Is is the domain you're referring to?

Do you have default .htaccess file in the root of the software? Make sure you did not change anything in there

The content should be as follows: 

Options +FollowSymLinksRewriteEngine On
AddEncoding gzip .gzAddEncoding gzip .gzip<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">  ForceType text/javascript</FilesMatch><FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">  ForceType text/css</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Does your server meet our requirements: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting ? mod_rewrite in particular ?

When did the issue started to occur? Did you do anything in the code? installed something, maybe changed?

Bruno Man
Bruno Man Jun 22 '15
Right domain. Tried Opera and Firefox - both with same results.
Attached screenshot of root directory, don't see the htaccess file. Am I looking in the right place? brianswall\

Also got a reply from Taissa - was able to create an album named test on my site.
Any other browser I might try?
Using Win 8.1 64bit - 6g memory
Attachments:
  root directory.JPG (29Kb)
Bruno Man
Bruno Man Jun 22 '15
Can I create .htaccess in brianswall/ and copy the content from your message?

Bruno Man
Bruno Man Jun 22 '15
Hi I also search for .htaccess file in file manager (CP), it shows that the file exists but I cannot open or view it.

Bruno Man
Bruno Man Jun 22 '15
I just tried creating an album as a user (not admin) and was successful. But as Admin I still get the error message.
Bruno Man
Bruno Man Jun 22 '15
Hi all, problem found and solved.
Might be one to remember for other users
My user name had a space in it, so there was no user profile to see.
Changed to remove space ans all working.
Thank you for your help and patience
Bruno
ross Team
ross Jun 22 '15
Can you please specify what your username was and where you had a space? at the beggining or end of the username or somewhere else?
Bruno Man
Bruno Man Jul 21 '15
as an example: bruno man, instead of brunoman
So it seems if there is a space in the name the DB cannot see it correctly.
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '15
You won't be able to register that username while having space between the words, you'll get that you need to enter a valid username error
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '15
How did you register that profile? Is it the admin of the website? Did you indicate that username while installing the software?