We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

site move failed? | Forum

Koos
Koos Mar 24 '12
Hi all,

I'd finished my site, and decided it was time to move, and make it offcial. So, I move the site from a development folder on the server into the root folder (called www).
I changed config.php into the new path, and asked our domain administrator to change to cron job.
But: the homepage is showing (including photos), but all the links to the menu's are broken, and I can't login anymore!
I played with turning on and off DEV MODE, but it doesn't make a difference.
Do I need to get nervous? Or should I just wait for the cache to rebuild, and will the site sort itsself out again?
Hope someone can help!

Koos
DeFender
DeFender Mar 24 '12
because  info writen into database.
Koos
Koos Mar 24 '12
can you explain defender? What should I change in the database?
Koos
Koos Mar 24 '12
I thought all I needed to do was change config.php in OW_includes? I've updated that to reflect the new path...
Koos
Koos Mar 24 '12
Ok, turned out I didn't copy the htaccess file. It didn't show up in my ftp programme...
DeFender
DeFender Mar 24 '12
one wayit is bring your database as a text, search with notepad++ (program) yourolddomain.com and with one click change all to yournewdomain.com
now create new empty database , upload your changed database, change old database name in config. run dev.
this example is for small databases.
Koos
Koos Mar 25 '12
Thanks, moving the htaccess file sorted it...