We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[Solved] Just found a new error | Forum

Shaun
Shaun Jun 27 '15
I just tried to create a another account for testing purposes and get this error when I try to sign up.

Does any one have any ideas or will i have to start from scratch again?

please remember I am not terrible at this stuff lol but i am by no means gifted and will the help for dummies version please.
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Jul 7 '15
bobbi
bobbi Jun 27 '15
i registered sucessfully on your site i used ipad with safari, it went through fine, could it be opera browser related i see you used that, have you tried a different browser
Shaun
Shaun Jun 27 '15
Yes i tried firefox aswell. i will try clearing my cach and have another go.

Thank you bobbi
Shaun
Shaun Jun 27 '15
Just tried again on my mobile and got the same error.
Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 29 '15
Shaun, to assist you in the best way we need to get more information.
What the browser and its version are you using? Have a look at this list of browsers supported by Oxwall : https://docs.oxwall.org/overview:supported_browsers .
Please test if the problem persists on the default theme.
Also we've checked sign up functionality using mobile and find no errors.

Shaun
Shaun Jul 5 '15
I have tried using Google chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I have had reports that it is happening to toher people too. I just sent my cpannel details to Ross for another issue so hopefully he will have a look and see if he can find the problem.
bobbi
bobbi Jul 5 '15
i reproduced it on firefox although i did manage to join sucessfully using safari a week or so ago

i used inpsect element to try and troube shoot it did pick up a warning see pic 

"Received message of type object from http://platform.twitter.com, expected a string" 

another thing i found was this 

ReferenceError: OW_Console is not defined     join:1635:19

The Forum post is edited by bobbi Jul 5 '15
Shaun
Shaun Jul 5 '15
Im not a techy person. Any ideas on how i fix this? The problem now occurs on profile edititing too.
bobbi
bobbi Jul 5 '15
what i found may or may not be any help to you fixing the problems, they may not even be relevant, do any errors come  up on debug, or in your error logs

bobbi
bobbi Jul 5 '15
i tried again usig fb connect it doest acceot your date of birth just says required even after entering it
Taissa Team
Taissa Jul 7 '15
Shaun, to assist you we need an error details. To see the actual errors you need to enable debug mode. You can do it using this instruction: http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug. ; If there are any errors, post the error message here. Also, please deactivate all third-party plugins. Did you make any custom code modification?
Shaun
Shaun Jul 7 '15
Hi Ross has had a look and the problemappears to have dissapeared.

Thanks for your help guys.
Taissa Team
Taissa Jul 7 '15

Ok, good to know, thanks. I'm going to mark this thread as Solved then. 

Shaun
Shaun Jul 11 '15
Hi again

Taissa I know this was marked as solved but it has returned again.

I followed the instructions you posted above to enable debug mode and took a screen shot for you.

I hope you can help me because I am starting to get pretty desperate now lol.
ross Team
ross Jul 12 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.
ross Team
ross Jul 12 '15
Shaun, if you 're referring to the notice on the screenshot it is caused by the login redirect plugin, disable it and contact plugin developer to resolve the issue

If this is not what you're talking about, please specify. 

Shaun
Shaun Jul 13 '15
Hi Ross

I am talking about the second issue i asked you to investigate where users are unable to sign up or edit their profile details.

You told me you had disabled all the plugins and i should reintroduce them all 1 at a time to try and find if one of them was causing the issue.

Unfortunatly after reactivitaing all the plugins the site appeared to be fine and would let people register.

The problem seems to come and go as bobbi noticed. one day it let her sign up and the next it did not.

I will try dissabling the plugin  login re direct and post here if it makes a diffrence.
ross Team
ross Jul 13 '15
Did you find which plugin caused the issue with the type error? or you just deactivated all plugins back?
Shaun
Shaun Jul 13 '15
Even with login redirect deactivated the problem remains

Anyone trying to sign up will get the messages "TypeError: window.join is undefined" underneath almost every join question.

This happen with the standard oxwall theme as well.
ross Team
ross Jul 13 '15
Deactivate all 3rd party plugins and you'll see that the error is gone, this means that it is caused by some 3rd party plugin, you need to enable them one by one and after each plugin activation, try to register to find out which one causes the issue. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 13 '15
Pages: 1 2 »