We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Help with user log in | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Steven
Steven Mar 26 '12
I am a newbe at this so be kind. I am starting a new site. I want my users to be able to register a User Name like "The Adams Family" or "The McDonald's Clan" not just "admin" or a short one word login. Is there a place to change this?
Also where are the PHP files to change the Header, Footer, side PHP's to add what I need into them. There is no header.php or footer.php or anything of the sort. Can someone help me.
I can pay a little if some can help me get the site up and going.
Or if you know of a program that might fit my purposes better.

DeFender
DeFender Mar 26 '12
there are dindex and general html in themes. for the username - it can;t contain spaces between words, because it is part of domain name, but you can write all you wish in fullname or real name field.
Michael Leader
Michael Mar 27 '12

Quote from DeFender there are dindex and general html in themes. for the username - it can;t contain spaces between words, because it is part of domain name, but you can write all you wish in fullname or real name field.

Yes and you can choose to show the real name instead of the username in the site.

header and footer is edited in css within the admin panel under css edit.