We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Themes not loading. Advice required | Forum

Anthony ODoibhailein
I've mananged to get things installed and have reached the stage where I get all the links etc and apparently pages working but its all just text on a white page.
I've read a few more posts on this but the suggestions there don't appear to have any effect.
Just wanted to check what folder the themes should be stored in? I note mention of the ow_static/themes  folder being mentioned. Is this the correct place for the themes? Or is it the ow_themes folder.
I'm a newbie at this but have managed to resolve other issues.
Any inputs most welcome.
I'm excited to see how te software looks when its up and running.
Anthony ODoibhailein
AS an aside to this when I'm installing the oxwall software I don't have any graphics appear as it does in the installation manual with the user interface. Its all just black and white.
As in here:
http://docs.oxwall.org/install:manual_installation
Is this related to why I also don't see any themes or graphics in the actual installed software?
Just a thought.
The Forum post is edited by Anthony ODoibhailein Mar 28 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 29 '12
Check whether following folders are writable on your server:

ow_pluginfiles ow_userfiles, ow_static, ow_smarty/template_c

Also, check your server settings - do they meet our requirements?

Anthony ODoibhailein
Thank for getting back to me.

I checked and made the folders you mentioned writeable.
No sign of a change.

I sent the list of the system requirements to the hosting company and they said that they support it all apart from windows/unix as its a linux only environment.
Is this an issue?

I'm beginning to feel that there are maybe too many issues with the software. I had high hopes of it and set off on my oxwall journey with so much enthusiasm.  But I can't get it going.
Is this the best place for advice and support?
The Forum post is edited by Anthony ODoibhailein Mar 29 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 1 '12
Anthony, I am pretty sure that the issue is not with the software but with your hosting server's settings. Consider about moving to our recommended hosting and you'll see that our software work flawlessly on servers that are set up properly. Let us know your site URL so that we could check into the issue.