We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

manually uninstall groups plugin | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Mar 28 '12
during my import the groups plugin encountered a error and has no way to uninstall it the page to uninstall is there but there is no button to click to confirm I wish to uninstall it
Joseph
Joseph Mar 28 '12
ps if I delete the plugin file without uninstalling it it will cause a 500 server error
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 29 '12
That is because you have to uninstall plugins instead of deleting because it may cause issues because not all data is deleted when you delete a file.
Joseph
Joseph Mar 29 '12
ok well how can I uninstall the plugin it does not give me the option to do so 
Joseph
Joseph Mar 29 '12
I will grant someone temporary admin access so that you can get an idea of what im dealing with here
Joseph
Joseph Mar 29 '12
i also noticed that theres no language options for groups so maybe if I could somehow insert language for it I might be able to make the uninstall button appear
Joseph
Joseph Mar 29 '12

so as you can see the language file is gone and I have tried saving my language to try and make sure its just not showing up and nothing happens

Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 1 '12
There should be an 'Deactivate' and 'Uninstall' links for the Groups plugin. Probably, you installed it improperly from the beginning.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 2 '12
the image you see above is the uninstall page and you will notice there is no confirm button so even if I need to pay someone to help with this I will but I am going to try one more thing as soon as my server is upgraded im gonna try and move my site over to a sub site without the groups plugin at all then I will try and export import again I know that's a lot to do but unless someones gonna just tell me what I asked for then its my only choice