We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to change blog/forum URL? [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
tibriz.com
tibriz.com Jul 6 '15
I would like to change the URL extension of the website.. I mean I'm using forum (and blog) not with the name of forum. I mean would like to change this: mywebsite.com/forum to mywebsite.com/anythingelse. Is it possible? What I want is when I give the website URL I dont want to see tibriz.com/blog, instead I want to see the label of the blog plugin. I can change the title of blog, but why I cant change the URL? I hope this is an understandable question :)

The Forum post is edited by Taissa Oct 16 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa Jul 7 '15
Tibriz, if you would like to change the existing URL somehow, you may use some of existing SEO plugins. You can try searching one in our Store for example this one: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/125 .
tibriz.com
tibriz.com Jul 7 '15
Thanks, Taissa
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Jul 9 '15
Turkish aid : myql içeriğinde veri tabanını bulup içeriğin yönünü değiştirebilirsin. Taissa 'nın verdiği eklenti iç yönleri değiştirebiliyor. Sen veri tabanı kaynak yolunu değiştirmen gerekli. PHP My Admin de yüklü databesi bul gerekli değişiklikleri yapabilirsin.

English Aid : MySQL database data changes need to be made.

www.mysite.com www.mysite.com/changing the way  new way

This may be enough to change the content Databese.

ross Team
ross Jul 9 '15
What does your post have to do with the topic? And it is not quite clear what your request is about please elaborate and please English only 
tibriz.com
tibriz.com Jul 9 '15

Quote from ross What does your post have to do with the topic? And it is not quite clear what your request is about please elaborate and please English only 

Ross, I'm a native Turkish speaker and thats why he wrote in Turkish.. and what I want is, I want to use the blog with for example the name of mlog but when the user click on mlog, it shows on the address bar blog, not mlog. So this is what I want, I mean I want to see users mlog, instead of blog, is this one clear?
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '15
If you want just to change the name of the links in the menu bar, you need to go the Pages and Menus section in the admin panel -> hover over, let's say, blogs menu item-> click edit and then change it to mlog, the url will be www.sitename.com/blogs but the menu item will be mlog

If you want the url to be www.sitename/blogs, you follow Taisa's recommendation and obtain SEO plugins or you will need to change the routes in the plugin's init.php file. Everywhere where you find the word "forum" you need to change to whatever you want

for example: 

OW::getRouter()->addRoute(new OW_Route('forum-default', 'forum', 'FORUM_CTRL_Index', 'index'));

change to 

OW::getRouter()->addRoute(new OW_Route('forum-default', 'YOURWORD', 'FORUM_CTRL_Index', 'index'));

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 9 '15
tibriz.com
tibriz.com Oct 6 '15

Quote from ross If you want just to change the name of the links in the menu bar, you need to go the Pages and Menus section in the admin panel -> hover over, let's say, blogs menu item-> click edit and then change it to mlog, the url will be www.sitename.com/blogs but the menu item will be mlog

If you want the url to be www.sitename/blogs, you follow Taisa's recommendation and obtain SEO plugins or you will need to change the routes in the plugin's init.php file. Everywhere where you find the word "forum" you need to change to whatever you want

for example: 

OW::getRouter()->addRoute(new OW_Route('forum-default', 'forum', 'FORUM_CTRL_Index', 'index'));

change to 

OW::getRouter()->addRoute(new OW_Route('forum-default', 'YOURWORD', 'FORUM_CTRL_Index', 'index'));

Thanks for this answer ross, it did work as you said, as I want!

Musik
Musik Oct 6 '15
Ross, a follow-up question: with the second method, would you need to set up URL redirects for old links that use the old URLs?
tibriz.com
tibriz.com Oct 6 '15

Quote from Musik Ross, a follow-up question: with the second method, would you need to set up URL redirects for old links that use the old URLs?
No you dont need, my old URL's (about forum) works fine but do as ross show.
Musik
Musik Oct 6 '15

Quote from tibriz.com
Quote from Musik Ross, a follow-up question: with the second method, would you need to set up URL redirects for old links that use the old URLs?
No you dont need, my old URL's (about forum) works fine but do as ross show.
Much appreciated, thank you!
Mohammed
Mohammed Mar 23 '16
pulging/forum/init and change it