We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

oxwall support going downhill (open discussion) | Forum

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jul 10 '15
hey guys,

When I first started using oxwall the support of the team members was brill and we even got help for code modifications but now all i seem to see is the support just being to suggest on the oxwall uservoice, seek a developer, and basically other ways of saying that they cant help. In my opinion this is stopping oxwall from beating other scripts and oxwall is slowly going downhill. i love this software and dont want it to go extinct. please please please rethink your support strategy before you kill one of the best things ever. 

bobbi
bobbi Jul 10 '15
I agree I dread anything going wrong with my site knowing what response you get here, I even pay skalfa to do the platform updates as I know if something goes wrong the help here is not good
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jul 10 '15
i would do that but im not made of money, skalfa overcharge and i would be bankrupt after paying for there services haha
bobbi
bobbi Jul 10 '15
they are expensive yes but i dont update the platform every time, i run 1.7.1 at the mo but will get it updated on the next update if i did it every buggy update i would too be bankrupt lol, for me skalfa gives me peace of mind, if i attempt the update myself and something goes wrong i doubt i would get the help i would need to get the site up again

it saddens me to see so many people here with problems with their site and the response is do the search or very abrubt replies, if somdthing goes wrong the site owner is probably in a bit of a panic they are probably not thinking straight and searching this forum (which you have to be precise to find what you are looking for) is the last thing on their minds 

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jul 13 '15
i have just beta tested the upcoming release and it didn't seem to be buggy so you should be fine updating with the next one :)
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '15
i wish i had 1$ for every please help mail i get here lol
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jul 14 '15
haha yeah i would be a billionaire 
Shaun
Shaun Jul 14 '15
In support of Oxwall Ross has tried reallly hard to help me with a couple of issues I have had recently.

1 problem has been solved and the other well I have no idea what to do lol but I have receaved help and support fairly quickly from Ross when I have asked.

matt
matt Jul 14 '15
+1 - I have had good help experiences.

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 15 '15

Quote from Shaun In support of Oxwall Ross has tried reallly hard to help me with a couple of issues I have had recently.

1 problem has been solved and the other well I have no idea what to do lol but I have receaved help and support fairly quickly from Ross when I have asked.

ross is great and helps lots 
Christer
Christer Jul 15 '15
I always get great support from Oxwall team, mostly Ross and I think they do as much we can expect, and its all free. So gold start to all Oxwall team and also of course others that help to.
wannabe
wannabe Jul 20 '15
Its just ridiculous that there is so little documentation for developers AND users in general.  With more documentation less support is needed. I decided against oxwall for this particular reason and moved on to another open source.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 20 '15
ross does a great job on support

and yes there need be more documentation 
and if you read it they are asking for ppl to contribute to the documentation

i have thought about it few times but im hopeless with words and need ask google how to spell just about everything 
my left hand cant spell and my right swears to much 

wannabe
wannabe Jul 23 '15
read this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/8595

The discussion on documentation started a long time ago, and since then nada..

As a developer I do not have the time to wait for support answers from Ross, it can take days to receive any answer. And what if the answer is not clear enough, what if I need more info, I have to wait again a few days. What do I do meanwhile?? Anyway, ridiculous...\

I do wonder though, how do they develop on Oxwall themselves without any documentation ??? They know all procedures, Classes and Methods by heart?

Good luck with Oxwall, nice package but useless without proper documentation.
The Forum post is edited by wannabe Jul 23 '15
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Sep 17 '15
Ross is worth his weight in gold. A very knowledgeable and helpful team member.

I have not experienced any negative Oxwall core support. Yes, sometimes you have to be patient and wait your turn, but they have always responded and have always resolved my problem.