We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

About Upgrade | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Apr 2 '12
Is it possible to Upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 from admin panel, without using FTP?
DeFender
DeFender Apr 3 '12
think no
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Apr 3 '12
Then , how to update my site? using FTP?
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 3 '12
If your hosted site has ftp installed yes

First backup your site just in case something goes wrong

You need to know the ftp configuration

ftp.yoursite.com
user:
password:

Port 21 (normally)

Should be all you need as it is a ftp portal 

Don't forget to upgrade your plugins

The Forum post is edited by Anon Anon Apr 3 '12
Mark
Mark Apr 3 '12
I believe FTP is a requirement for oxwall?

im guessing its possible to use SSH and wget instead and running the manual update process but a lot easier if you have FTP

Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Apr 3 '12
Thank you,

Yes, I have FTP.

and I already takes Backup of my site.

Actually, I didn't understand how and what i have to do this....!!!

Shall I need to just replace updated Oxwall using FTP?

Example: public_html/mysite

or, public_html/mysite/ow_updates

where I have to replace updated Oxwall? ans which file? all of? or any spacial files?

I didn't Understand!

Please help me!

Joseph
Joseph Apr 3 '12
there should be a tutorial listed but you basically upload the update file to your root folder for the site then extract it once extracted just go to the url www.yoursite.com /ow_updates
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Apr 3 '12
Thank you! 
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Apr 3 '12
Please look, 

this image from www.mysite.com /ow_updates ! 

but this image from admin panel.!

what i have to do now?

Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 3 '12
Not all sites have been processed yet I am waiting for one of mine to be, your see a link requesting you to update. Click on the link when you do just follow through and it will all make sense. Once the upgrade is done on your plugin page it will request you to update each plugin that needs updating. No need for any manual downloads or upload. So please don't worry.

The Forum post is edited by Anon Anon Apr 3 '12
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Apr 4 '12
Now I update manually, all plugins and theames! But something wrong here! Error 500!
What I have to do now!
Is there anybody, please help!
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 4 '12
let me guess you installed oxwall 1.3.1 then migrated your wall.fm data of which turned back the version to 1.3.0 Then installed 1.3.2 Snap

If you had started a new with 1.3.1 upgrading to 1.3.2 goes just swell. Now your site is down and your pleading for help.

Suggest you instal your site back up and then wait it out. Badly written and untested script. I have two installs on the same server same set up one is fine and the other like yours is not. This is nothing to do with the cron job or any other thing that will drive you bonkers but to do with the database or one file that is related to 1.3.0 and not 1.3.1. Totally unprofessional or geared to make you buy services.  
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Apr 5 '12
Thank you to Everyone! 

My Site is now Updated.

I did it manually, using FTP

Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 5 '12
download and extract to the root folder
then call