We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error, update Plugin Event at Oxwall 1.3.2 | Forum

Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 3 '12
pathetic! Error when I update the site manually plugin events! help me ..worse, FTP does not work!
always fail
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 8 '12
What errors, Adhy? What build are you using and what plugins are you trying to update?
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 18 '12
I'm update... Platform > Plugin Update (All) > Event Update>Error 500
Joseph
Joseph Apr 19 '12
after uploading the event plugin and getting the 500 error please delete from plugins folder and then you will be prompted from the admin panel to update the database once done re-upload the event plugin and all should work
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 19 '12
if I remove the plugin, and will be required .. I can not upload with FTP, I will try to install manually, I will be back with the results
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 19 '12
I found after an update and a 500 error, I just went to the database and set the plugin in ow_core_plugin(i think)  to not active (0) then I would be prompted for the db update.
Then when my core was updated all was fine...
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 19 '12
how do you mean? could you please tell me .. I do not understand
Stan
Stan Apr 20 '12
SINCE I UPDATED MY WEBSITE EVERYTIME I GET AN EMAIL NOTIFYING ME THAT MY CRON JOD IS DOING SOMETHING, WHEN I OPEN UP THE EMAIL AND CLICK ON THE LINK I JUST GET THIS - Error 500
Internal Server Error. WHAT IS WRONG WITH OXWALL, WALL.FM WAS MUCH BETTER THAN THIS?
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 20 '12

Quote from Stan SINCE I UPDATED MY WEBSITE EVERYTIME I GET AN EMAIL NOTIFYING ME THAT MY CRON JOD IS DOING SOMETHING, WHEN I OPEN UP THE EMAIL AND CLICK ON THE LINK I JUST GET THIS - Error 500
Internal Server Error. WHAT IS WRONG WITH OXWALL, WALL.FM WAS MUCH BETTER THAN THIS?

each time you do something on the base code, please backup your site first
Mark
Mark Apr 21 '12
even when the main pages of the site show error 500 have you tried accessing the admin area? yoursite.com/admin/ you should still have access, the errors are usually just because other plugins need to be updated
Stan
Stan Apr 21 '12
I cannot get back on my website, when I put my url in it takes me to my signin page but it doesn't look right, and when I sign in, 5oo error comes up, and when I spoke to my host they told me that a file is missing, all this happened when I updated my website and plugins, can anyone please help?
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 21 '12
I can not get into your pages ...
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 30 '12
Stan, can you ask your hosting company to specify what file is missing? Ask them to check into the error_log and provide us with the error message that causes the 500 error. Only with that information we will be able to suggest you a solution.