We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Too Many MySQL connections? | Forum

Tom
Tom Jul 16 '15
Anyone know why I might be receiving this e-mail from my host?

This message is to alert you that you have exceeded your concurrent MySQL connection limit.

ross Team
ross Jul 16 '15
the e-mail is due to concurrent MySQL connection limit, if you have access to the php.ini file you can increase this limit, but it would be useful to find out which part of the software causing this, contact your hosting provider and request the info on mysql queries executed, which caused this issue. 
Tom
Tom Jul 17 '15
Something to do with Cron Jobs
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 18 '15
as i mentioned in another forum i have this problem as well 
sql maxed connections 
i was hope this weekend to try trouble shoot it but no time have to work 
i have been use oaboost  hooked to memcashed to minimize the problem
even though oaboost actually slows me site load times down 
it is fixing the maxed out sql queries 

ross Team
ross Jul 18 '15
Tom,  something to do with the cron jobs is not the answer we expect
Tom
Tom Jul 18 '15
What would you have me say? That the software is over bloated with php commands that the cron job gets stuck? I am not a coder, if I was, I wouldn't be using this freeware. Something is wrong with the cron run.php now off to your nerdery and fix it.
Tom
Tom Jul 18 '15
Seems I am not the only one having this issue, so it's obvious that it is the OxWall software.
Commander
Commander Jul 18 '15
Has to do with your hosting provider, I suggest contacting them to find out the issue. 

Many hosts have strict limitations, especially with shared hosting.

If they can't resolve the problem, try switching hosting companies.

I recommend www.nividex.com, been with them for a year with no problems. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 18 '15
it has nothing to do with hosting 
i have a dedicated server n no matter how high i set the max connections 
oxwall still maxes it out 

JoshWho
JoshWho Jul 19 '15
my dedi has no issues with it. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 19 '15
i bet it does u just dont have server admin set up right 
or have the error messages turned off 

look in whm cpu ram usage
or use command top 

if you have one site u see sql use a fair bit more ram and cpu then it did on 1,7
2 sites then sql eating just about everything it can get on 1.7.5

i have looked at 3 other site the owners have give me there admin detail

1 running on 1.7.1   sql ram cpu fine
the other 2 1.7.5 and there sql ram cpu are through the roof 

so much so that if u run load inpact on there sites in super low config there sites crash
the same with my sites  the only thing save me is use memcashed then it can handle the amount of trafic i am getting 

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 19 '15
yes is more then lokly plugin related just need times to trouble shoot it 

the thing is every day its getting lower and lower the amounts its eating so by next week end when il have time may not be able find the problem 

the only thing thats not change is maxed out connections so i maybe able find the trouble
JoshWho
JoshWho Jul 19 '15
I imagine your having the sql cache issue with the Speed boost optimizer plugin
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 19 '15
Speed boost optimizer plugin is part the problem 
and raises the connections but the problem is on  some cron runs use heaps of memory and raise sql  connections 

first thing is im working now on optimize my server so it can handle it 
which i have got pretty good now 
and run a full load  on my server with 
https://loadimpact.com/
my server is standing up pretty good

now to find the problems is a bit hard as to find it will have to deactivate all plugins 
to get cron and connections under control
then activate plugins one every 6 hours as the errors are not every cron run will need wait the 6 hours between activate plugins

i run hundreds of  plugins so at 6  hours that i can not have my sites running without plugins for weeks

so will need fully set up a test site fully everything  

ross Team
ross Jul 20 '15
Tammy you said you have this too many mysql connections while changing your website to SSL and all your links started to change to https, but that can't be the problem

As we said before with each update the software become more and more complicated in terms of load to the server, features we implement

of course now you have different indicators on different versions

Besides, I'm more than sure that all three website do not have similar configuration, similar amount of users (active, online, concurrent), similar amount of data

Tom, you need to contact your provider and request a detailed info on mysql queries executed, which caused this issue. 

Something to do with the cron jobs answer will not do

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 20 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 20 '15
changing your website to SSL was highlighted the problem  
and bought the problem to my attention
as change all the links in the databass to ssl crashed my server for half a day 
it finished them over a week ago 

Tom
Tom Jul 21 '15
I think I might have solved this, my hosting company is Arvixe and they set up OxWall for me, however they did not complete the processes. They never set the cron job to run once a minute, thus when it ran on its own it flooded the server. I sent them a memo on this to make sure this is done in the future, however,.. I will keep an eye on this over the next week and see if this solves the issue, I am fairly certain this is the problem though.
Tom
Tom Jul 21 '15
This is how I set up my cron job.

https://youtu.be/-R70AyqIBho?t=2m26s
Couto
Couto Sep 5 '15
Hello

I have read Tammy sais :Speed boost optimizer plugin is part the problem

Did you mean that the boos optimizer increase the number of queries, worsens the problem?

Thank you

ross Team
ross Sep 6 '15
Couto, please send all your requests and questions regarding 3rd party plugins/themes to the developers directly.