We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problems since last update - Instant Chat | Forum

Lisa
Lisa Apr 3 '12
I updated this plugin and the "settings" button for the plugin has now disappeared. Additionally, it looks like it may not be functioning properly. Previously we allowed our site members to see all online users unless they changed this in their privacy settings. Now, it seems like it's automatically defaulting to friends only, maybe? Not sure exactly.
Mark
Mark Apr 4 '12
Yes, there is a

Page not found Sorry, this document doesn't exist.

error for settings, and it now appears to be stuck in "friends only" mode. :-( I am regretting upgrading at all. The site was fine, and now things aren't working properly. I will NOT upgrade my other oxwall site. I don't want it broken as well.

Den Team
Den Apr 5 '12
Hey

Yes, with this update IM plugin enables friends only mode if friends plugin was installed. So, settings page was removed. 

Joseph
Joseph Apr 6 '12
I have an old install available for those wanting to not have friends only mode on however its a use at your own risk really as eventually it will become outdated and oxwall really thinks they should make decisions for us
Crystal
Crystal Apr 16 '12
is that why this shows in debug

Message:Can't generate URI! Route `ajaxim_settings` not found!File:/home/one44/public_html/ow_core/router.phpLine:262

Den Team
Den Apr 17 '12
@Crystal

Do you have the latest versions installed? Instant Chat and 1.3.2?

Thomas
Thomas Apr 8 '13
Quote from Den Hey

Yes, with this update IM plugin enables friends only mode if friends plugin was installed. So, settings page was removed. 

Hi, How can I let bypass that? I'd like to let everybody use the chat if they are logged in and have set set the permission for everyone to invite to chat. Yes I do have friends plugin installed.
Alia Team
Alia May 16 '13
Thomas, this can be bypassed only if source code is modified.
We will change the way those two plugins ( instant chat and friends) work with each other in one of our next builds.
You do not have permission to reply this topic