We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

**HELP** Our site is expereincing issues need a DEV[Solved] | Forum

Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan Jul 18 '15
Hi our site www.purelyonlineracing.com is experiencing error failures and i am at a loss on how to fix it.

We are new to this so looking for professional help asap.

Members cannot upload images as they get an error message. 

The messenger shows members online when they are not

Cannot access parts of admin for an error 500 message

Kind Regards
Steven

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 22 '15
Attachments:
  error-500.png (10Kb)
  photo-upload-error-message.png (252Kb)
bobbi
bobbi Jul 18 '15
for the error 500  set debug mode to true so you can see the error and post the error here 

Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan Jul 19 '15
This is the message I got from an IT guy that helps me...

There is no debug file. The config.php file has a debug mode that you turn from false to true so you can see coding error messages on the site but it's not outputting any custom errors hence that system it's self seems broken.

I'm not sure if the database is compromised it just seems to be the web files as far as I can tell

Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan Jul 19 '15
Could this be fixed or do we need to start all over again and build a new site???? Never worked with Oxwall before and we just seem to get issues with it??? Losing Members rapidly every day :-(
Wilson
Wilson Jul 19 '15
Steven Keenan

Is this a fresh install?

1st
Did you do any updates? We are now at 1.7.5 core…make sure ALL default plugins are updated to core 1.7.5. Also make sure ALL default themes are updated to 1.7.5 as well.

2nd.
Did you do any custom coding to the script? If so put back original codes.

3rd.
TEST: Turn off ALL third party plugins…only have default plugins active. Return to the default theme….Origin theme. Then see if you are having issues.
Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan Jul 19 '15
AJ the site is accessible but files Wont upload and the chat messenger seems to be stuck and doesn't sign anyone off.

Wilson the last updates I done was updating everything to 1.7.4.

There is some custom coding that my IT guy done.

I can't seem to do anything in admin panel as I just get the error 500 screen, so can't attempt your 3rd option.

If I Give you full access to the site could you have a look and see what needs done and if it is going to cost to fix due to bigger issues please let me know. 

Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan Jul 19 '15
Also noticed when the site is viewed from mobile version and you press desktop view it won't go to desktop view and just refreshes to the mobile view.
ross Team
ross Jul 19 '15
Please follow this steps to enable debug mode on your website: https://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug

Copy the error here so we could assist you

Members being online, means you don't have your cron properly configured, which is why the are not logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity, follow this tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron

As to the file upload fail error, where do you upload images? What format do you upload? What is the size of those images?

Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan Jul 20 '15
Hi Ross,

I will pass this on to my IT guy to try.

No one can seem to upload any images anywhere on the site, they have tried various formats and sizes but nothing works they just get the red file upload error message.
Wilson
Wilson Jul 20 '15
Steven Keenan,

Ross is a team member and is one of the best here when having issues with the script. He can help you with your issues when it comes to giving out admin login information.

Wilson
ross Team
ross Jul 20 '15
Alright, let's see what error you have in your admin panel, first, then we'll take care of your photo upload issue
ross Team
ross Jul 20 '15
Steven, next time one issue per topic, otherwise you won't get reply, break down issues or requests to several topics
Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan Jul 22 '15
Sorry Ross will keep that in mind next time i have any issues.

Ok so worked out what the issue was, so simple and annoying, our hosting failed to email us that our disk space was full which lead to the errors ect, we have went unlimited so hopefully no more issues.

Thanks everyone for your help
ross Team
ross Jul 22 '15
Great, thanks for letting us know.