We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

There is a problem with upgrade version 1.3.2 | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Apr 11 '12
try reuploading the old plugins and then go to the admin panel where you will receive a message to update your db files and once this is done you can re-upload the new plugins and all should be fine
Crystal
Crystal Apr 11 '12
will try that
Crystal
Crystal Apr 13 '12
this is my debug any help?
The Forum post is edited by Crystal Apr 13 '12
Attachments:
  ow.gif (26Kb)
  ow2.gif (21.09Kb)
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Apr 13 '12
Same problem on my site tOO! :(
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Apr 13 '12
How can i fix it?
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 13 '12
What I gather here we are dealing with three scenarios, one is a fixable problem that of a well established 1.3.1 that was up and running and any migration was done prior to 1.3.0. 

A not so easy to fix problem where as whilst the product was 1.3.1 and a data migration from wall.fm took place and notably the version number changed to 1.3.0 after a successful migration.

Then we have an last problem of 1.3.2 successfully installed with the cron working etc but the migration from wall.fm can not be successfully implemented. 

Josephs methodology will successfully work for those that migrated there wall.fm data using 1.3.0 or a prior version. Joseph can not of course simulate the problems of the last two scenarios.

Could you please quote what scenario your having a problem with so as to stop any form of confusion. This will then help Oxwall to suggest a solution in reference to the correct scenario I hope, or someone that has found a solution.   

The Forum post is edited by Anon Anon Apr 13 '12
Chris Bezuidenhout
Chris Bezuidenhout May 29 '12
I had to go back and reinstall  1.3.1 and import my db all my users is there but their login don't work had to mail them all to reset their passwords according to my host Oxwall have a problem with the .htaccess file.
Michael I.
Michael I. May 29 '12
What exact problem did you have with your hosting? Can you ask them about this? Such information could be helpful for other users.
Chris Bezuidenhout
Chris Bezuidenhout May 30 '12
They told me that Oxwall upgrade write something to the .htaccess file that messed it up. It happen again to me just now, I upgraded the Friends plugin and now I have a blank white screen and I just had my site running smooth on 1.3.1 all my users back and now this! there is no page source at all.
Chris Bezuidenhout
Chris Bezuidenhout May 30 '12
Message from IE

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.
What you can try:

Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

And from Crome:

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.mysite.com/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
and from Firefox nothing only white screen
Mark
Mark May 31 '12
whats inside your error log?

Internal server errors are usually caused by a mis-configured or unsupported setting (such as those set in .htaccess)

Pages: « 1 2