We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Help me to Update ! to 1.3.2 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 4 '12
Please help me, contact me or PM
RB
RB Apr 4 '12
What is the problem? follow the steps and u can do it
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 4 '12
OXwall very fun but very hard to update OXWALL!

I update all the plugins but when updating the "Plugin Event", the window display a Error 500!

What does this mean?, I still hold on 1.3.1
Oxwall team, I need your help to update!
send a private message to me please!

Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 4 '12
Roman thanks but this is a different issue concerning developers that had just migrated prior to this present upgrade

Adhy please take a look at http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/3940 if your getting the 505 report on signing in. I have decided it was better to do a fresh install and migration as I am not prepared to wait around for oxwall dragging their feet on solving this one or coming up with formulas to solve the problem that makes you want to tear your hair out. They knew about this migration problem for new users of oxwall prior to this update and did not add a solution in this update.  

Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 5 '12
What do you mean? I have to migrate to reinstall oxwall?
It is very annoying, import plugin works very slow
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 5 '12

Quote from Anon Anon Adhy please take a look at http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/3940 if your getting the 505 report on signing in. I have decided it was better to do a fresh install and migration as I am not prepared to wait around for oxwall dragging their feet on solving this one or coming up with formulas to solve the problem that makes you want to tear your hair out. They knew about this migration problem for new users of oxwall prior to this update and did not add a solution in this update.

I state what I knew and done not what you should do. In fact in the end after doing a new data export on wall (they have upgraded too) and a fresh import into Oxwall that DID NOT WORK. I decided to blow out the migration as I have not got the time to play around or wait for wall and oxwall to sort the problem out. Its put my schedule back a week, made lots more work for me.  So I am starting off afresh and will inform the members to join the new site, I only really want the active membership anyway. Beats tearing your hair out. 
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 5 '12
really really crazy, I've lost my 3000 more users, while moving to Oxwall. do i need to lose more than 2000 users again?
Mike888
Mike888 Apr 5 '12
any way of upgrade is going wrong
I did the upgrade from hosting
result 500 internal server error
I did the ftp and unzip
result error 500 internal server error
something is missing in the system
I can't even access the link path to complete the upgrade.
Luckily  I did the backup and tested it on a subdaomain before going live site
what is wrong with this upgrade??

The Forum post is edited by Mike888 Apr 5 '12
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 6 '12
I think the plugin event, is in trouble!
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 11 '12
Adhy, did you update the core platform to 1.3.2 before updating plugins?
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 11 '12
yes, I've update the platform, and the admin page slightly changed.
I update all the plugins and it worked, but the event plugin can not
Michael I.
Michael I. May 13 '12
We've released an updated version of Events plugin recently. Try updating it and let me know if you have any difficulties.
Eddie Hakan
Eddie Hakan May 22 '12
i still have problem when upgrading oxwall.. last time 1.2.6 to 1.3.1 took me about a month to solve.. without knowing the correct way... now 1.3.1 to 1.3.2... still 505 error.. omg... i need a time... a time.. fuhhh...!! relaxxx....!
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad May 22 '12
I'll try to update and will be back again
Michael I.
Michael I. May 28 '12
Guys, you should know that you are doing something wrong. Most probably that is because of your server setting because dozens of other users updated their website successfully. The only thing I recommend so far is paying more attention to the .htaccess file and rules described in it.
Chris Bezuidenhout
Chris Bezuidenhout May 30 '12

Quote from aka_le_Mulder Guys, you should know that you are doing something wrong. Most probably that is because of your server setting because dozens of other users updated their website successfully. The only thing I recommend so far is paying more attention to the .htaccess file and rules described in it.

Not all of us are programmers, why don't Oxwall team fix the problem? Yes and I updated successfully but without my users and other settings, because the db is not compatible.
The Forum post is edited by Chris Bezuidenhout May 30 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Jun 12 '12
Chris, we cannot fix problems of every user. I would personally love doing that, but in that case development of Oxwall would stall.

Chris, did you submit a separate topic about your problem? I've never heard about database becoming incompatible after the update. If you managed to install Oxwall on your server, you should be able to update it. Submit a separate topic so that we could assess your issue.

Eckhard
Eckhard Jun 13 '12
Chris, we cannot fix problems of every user. I would personally love doing that, but in that case development of Oxwall would stall.

Chris, did you submit a separate topic about your problem? I've never heard about database becoming incompatible after the update. If you managed to install Oxwall on your server, you should be able to update it. Submit a separate topic so that we could assess your issue.

I think you are missing the point in some way.

it is obvious that there is a conflict in the software design.

Even if some people managed to upgrade it is clear that something is not harmonious. If you do not have a solution, then say it clearly. When designing the new 1.4 , make it compatible to be upgraded from 1.3.1 and all our problems are solved. But for sure this time there is a "problem" in the database. Whatever it is causing it, lets find it or make a solution which is jumping over the problem. FOR ALL OF US... not just some.....

WP and Joomla are a good example for really fixing problems.. what do you think??