We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How does it work? - Two Factor Authentification | Forum

Robert
Robert Jul 27 '15
Is this like secure login on Twitter. A code is sent to the mobile via text message SMS and the user puts the code into the field on oxwall site?
Mike
Mike Jul 27 '15

Its quite The same.

You it doesnt send a sms.

You have to enter a Code which is generated by an App on your Smartphone.

Robert
Robert Jul 27 '15
So the user has to download an app first before they get the code?
Mike
Mike Jul 27 '15

Yes.

Its an app like this: Play Store

The App an be used for more website which are using the two factor authetication (like Google, Microsoft, Twitter, etc)
Robert
Robert Jul 27 '15
Twitter has a system where the user inputs the the mobile number into registration field. The site sends an sms to your phone with a code. User then inputs code into the website and bang they are verified to that phone number. Some users don't have smartphones you need to build the technology around sms text message code. There is no point unless it is mandatory for every user eg. users who don't have smartphones.

Mike
Mike Jul 27 '15

There are two options for me to implement the sms code

First option: I subscripe to an sms service like this one. They are very expensive!

Second option: I inculde a interface to use such a sms gateway. But there are to many problems...

1. They are to expensive for small website -> no one will use it

2. I can't include all sms gateways so may users dont like the sms gateway i choosed or they already using another sms gatway.

So there isnt any good sense to incude this option.

Otherwise:

The app is free for all. Means: no costs for me and no costs for my customers.

And almost everyone has a smartphone.

I hope you undersad why i will not include the sms verification.

christian noone
christian noone Nov 21 '15
This dont even work, no such app to download...Refund required
Mike
Mike Dec 20 '15

Its not for the registration.

Its for the login. If someone knows your password he cant login because he needs a one time code from your smartphone.

Mike
Mike Dec 20 '15

No problem.

I wish you a merry Christmas too.

You do not have permission to reply this topic