We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Edit - Privacy | Forum

Oumy
Oumy Jul 30 '15
Hello Oxwall,

I would like to make some changes on privacy plugin.

I would like to delete " Newsfeed" table on section " mail notification".

Indeed, I do not use Newsfeed features at 100 % and it does not make sense for me to keep it, I don't want to confuse users.

Could you tell me how to do it on 174 ?

Thank you,

Oumy

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 11 '15
Oumy, are you talking about the Mail Notification section (http://www.oxwall.org/email-notifications)?
If so, it has nothing to do with the Privacy plugin. This functionality is related to the Activity Notifications and Newsfeed plugins. You need to make changes in the Newsfeed plugin. You can find all necessary methods in /ow_plugins/newsfeed/classes/event_handler.php file.
Oumy
Oumy Aug 12 '15
Hello Oxwall software,

Yes I was talking about Mail notifications.

Actually I disabled Comment status, likes and profile comments in the " Newsfeed plugin", but for some reasons, when I click on " mails notifications", you can see below that those features are still apparent. 

Users can still choose their preferences. And I don't want them since I already disabled those features. Do you know why this happen ? 

Newsfeed ( which is apparent and should not be)

Someone comments on my status 

Someone likes my status

Someone writes on my wall

In the php file you just provided me, what should I exactly include for this to be updated and in which area precisely in the file ?

Thanks a lot,

Oumy

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 13 '15

All you need is to comment out the following string:

OW::getEventManager()->bind('notifications.collect_actions', array($eventHandler, 'collectNotificationActions'));

In this case the Newsfeed section will disappear from the list. 

Oumy
Oumy Aug 13 '15
Allright! Awesome!
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 13 '15
Let us know if you have any questions.
You do not have permission to reply this topic