We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

NEED SPEED!!!! | Forum

Marylynn
Marylynn Jul 31 '15
Hey this may be in another topic but.....I have tried everything to speed up my site~ I have compressed javascript and CSS, edited htm.access,compressed images,  went to cloud fare, you name it......the only thing I have not done yet is to rewrite the delivery of the CSS files. Before I do that, I am wondering if a different theme would provide the clean speed I need.  I am using the origin theme. 
Of course all my previous work would be for naught but I am not sure what else to do.  I receive an 80/100 for page insights, but from a personal standpoint I cannot see users being engaged in this slow of a platform.  Am I missing something?  I so appreciate all f your help!!
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 3 '15
i have got my site to almost acceptable speed 
but dashboard is bit slow
and if a user has heaps of friends slows load time by lots 
the best i can get on start page is 
load time 1.11
users page
load time 1.96

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Aug 3 '15
Marylynn
Marylynn Aug 3 '15
that is impressive though! I am not sure what else I can do and I only have 43 users.  If the site grew with a lot of activity I would be toast!
Mr Winks
Mr Winks Aug 5 '15
I don't think this will help.
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 12 '15
i have tryed and tested pagespeed and yes it does help a bit but it dose not help the problem of db getting smashed 
Jordi
Jordi Aug 12 '15
hmmm is there a easy way to install this?