We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video problem | Forum

ross Team
ross Oct 26 '15
Defender +1

Tania, you need to use embed code in order to insert the video in the video section. 

You can add video by inserting the link in the newsfeed only. 

Old Grower
Old Grower Feb 19 '17

I'm having the same problem as Pawel:

"Error while trying to add video

You don't have permission to access /video/add/index/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

This directory does not appear to exist on my server, under the Oxwall installation, or anywhere else.

I am not an expert, and have no idea how to fix this. This is your software, that I installed to my server through cPanel and Softaculous. If no one here is willing to give even the slightest hint on how to fix this, then I'll probably be throwing this in the trash just like I did Dolphin.

I was impressed when it all seemed to work right away, but then this issue has killed most of what the site is about; I mean with no pictures and no videos, what is the point?

Look, I'm not stupid; I have taught myself how to make webpages and host them myself. I do my own graphics, animations, and even a bit of code hacking; but you need to point me in some kind of direction to fix this issue with your software and my server.

This "figure it out yourself" attitude is pretty crappy, in my opinion, for a group who want their software promoted.

I need a basic social media platform. Is this going to work for me, or not?

also, no idea why my post is center justified???

The Forum post is edited by Old Grower Feb 19 '17
Pages: « 1 2