We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall 1.7.5 - Plugin Update - NO MORE BANNERS! - Advertisement | Forum

robi782
robi782 Aug 11 '15
After we have made the update to 1.7.5 and then have updated the plugin Advertisement all banners stop working. Whether standard or banner Responsive they are not displayed. The plugin is no longer functional. All banner codes work. only in this advertisment plugin no longer function. 

The error with banners that are not displayed because you're not supposed to in a country that has been selected in the settings also persists.

It's really sad that new versions of the plug-ins that provide the money-income of the site, be given apparently without previous Test.

I ask for help and hope the problem can be quickly resolved.

Many greetings
The Forum post is edited by robi782 Aug 11 '15
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 11 '15
robi782, could you please provide us with the banner code. Or you can provide us with your site admin access details and we will try to solve the problem directly at your site.
robi782
robi782 Aug 12 '15
Hello, i will send you Logindata to our Webiste via PN.

Many Thanks.

Greetings
robi782
robi782 Aug 14 '15
do you have news for us?
our money income goes hard down :/
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 14 '15
Our technicians are still working on this issue. I will contact you back as soon as receive any feedback from them.
robi782
robi782 Aug 14 '15
many thanks!
Nathan
Nathan Aug 15 '15
What worked for me was installing http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/579 Cache cleaner 

After clearing the cache through this plugin the (Adsense) adds appeared.

top - bottom - side  all working :)

robi782
robi782 Aug 17 '15
Thanks Nathan but that did not help the plugin is still unusable. Hope the team Oxwall has a solution soon. Damage is already now caused by the missing banners.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 17 '15

Hello robi782,

We've managed to solve the problem by adding these styles via Admin Area > Appearance > CSS tab:

.ow_ads_cont{

display:block !important;

}

For some reasons, the styles in the advertisement template: style="display:block"  do not allow to show the banner. 

We will check into this issue and fix it. For now, you can use the 'hot fix' to make the responsive banners work on your site.

robi782
robi782 Aug 17 '15
Many thanks Team OXwall.

Do I understand correctly that you have first solved the problem? And will be followed by a plugin update? If so, we must then consider when updating something for your manual changes?

greetings
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 17 '15
Yes, it will be included in one of the upcoming updates of the plugin
Actually I don't understand other 2 questions
Do I understand correctly that you have first solved the problem?
We must then consider when updating something for your manual changes?
Can you please elaborate what you meant?
robi782
robi782 Aug 20 '15
No, you have corrected the error.

My question: Do I have to remove the one of you made change before i update the upcoming plug-in-update? Or I can just pull the update about it?

thanks and greetings :)
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 25 '15
yes, you can do the update, your changes will be overwritten
robi782
robi782 Aug 27 '15
overwirte the css file?
that will be bad!
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 31 '15
Robi you need this change to show the banners right? Well, your changes will be overwritten but you will still see your banners, Don't worry, just do the update.
robi782
robi782 Sep 3 '15
Nice hint ... do the update and overwrite all you changes ... Are you serious?? ...
Never, we have alltime to check all with GIT.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 7 '15
Brian +1
You do not have permission to reply this topic