We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Do I have a cron problem? | Forum

Henrik
Henrik Apr 11 '12
Some users, but not all, have been online for a suspiciously long time and I still don't see the auto update button to version 1.3.2. This makes me wonder if I have a cron problem?

I'm using arvixe as web host. I have asked them to run the cron script manually, and they tell me that it runs without any errors.

If I remove the -q flag, that is, let cron run php not in quiet mode I get emails with the message below. Should I be concerned about the reference to the 500.phtml file?

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17
Set-Cookie: base_language_id=17; expires=Fri, 11-May-2012 07:50:02 GMT; path=/
Content-type: text/html

Joseph
Joseph Apr 11 '12
my cron is working fine but I am having this same issue all the sudden members have stopped being logged out I am having techs look into it but if they do fail then I will be back here to ask for assistance and yes I am also with arvixe
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Apr 11 '12
Den Team
Den Apr 16 '12
Would you provide us with a screen of our cron setting?
Henrik
Henrik Apr 16 '12
I've sent you a pm.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 16 '12
I decided to run my 1.3.1 backup with database backup as well this 1.3.2 is just a huge pain you guys finish fixing I have a business to run
Henrik
Henrik Apr 16 '12
Addenster tells me that my cron job settings are correct. My problem does however remain. Users are not logged out and I don't see the auto update button for version 1.3.2.

Joseph: Is the 1.3.1-version of your site okay?

Joseph
Joseph Apr 16 '12
yes its fine just got it back up and running lost a lot of data just to do this but for now its worth it btw Addenster my cron is fine as well 
Henrik
Henrik Apr 16 '12
Okay, thanks for the info Joseph!

Addenster: Could you please help me? How do I troubleshoot this?

Henrik
Henrik May 2 '12
I solved it, but unfortunately lost a lot of data in the process.

There must have been a problem with the database. When I downloaded a backup of the database, the file size was only 4K despite the fact that all data was accessible from within the site. After reverting to an older version of the database, the auto update button turned up and users are now logged out as they should.