We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

cron job doesn´t work | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Sven Maschberger
Sven Maschberger Nov 23 '10
Hi,

after a long time and changing settings by my provider i have successfully installed this great community software.

But i have a big Problem:
first, here the Link to my test community
lbb.the-digital-artist.de

I have installed by my provider a cron job which runs everey minute and called the domain

lbb.the-digital-artist.de/ow_cron/run.php

But there is an error:
Page not found
Sorry, this document doesn't exist.

What can i do?

Thanks for helping
Den Team
Den Nov 23 '10
Hello!
You need to use PATH instead URL to cron file. For example:
/usr/local/bin/php /home/myaccount/public_html/ow_cron/run.php
Sven Maschberger
Sven Maschberger Nov 25 '10
Hi, thanks for your answer. The problem was, that my provider has a nice UI to activate CRON Jobs. So i´m not able to write a path to a cron file.

The solution was very easy. I have renamed the file run.php in run.phpx an now my cron jobs works perfect.

By the way, oxwall is a great community, i try to create a german translation for it.
Den Team
Den Nov 25 '10
Well, seems you have some custom settings for cronjob on your hosting (I don't hear about that method before)
Will be happy to see German pack in our community soon, Sven :)
Pedro
Pedro Jan 1 '11
the correct path is /usr/bin/php /home/user/public_html/yourdomain/ow_cron/run.php that will work. with no -q or anything else. also make sure you enter the correct info for the minutes job to run. minutes 0-59 Hours 0-23 day of the months 1-31 Month 1-12 and days of the week 0-7. enjoy the info
Jack john
Jack john Mar 27

free ebooks and Audiobooks: Catering to diverse reading preferences and accessibility needs, libraries offer a vast selection of digital books. E-books allow readers to access a wealth of content on their preferred devices, while audiobooks open up the world of literature for those with visual impairments or simply those who prefer listening.