We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

White screen after 1.8 update | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 8 '15
https://cimmarian.com/

Recently updated to 1.8 and I seem to be having issues getting oxwall to show up. I assume this might be a plug-in though debug won't turn on. I can't get to admin so I am wondering the best way to fix a white screen update.

UPDATE:

So the issue continues, I have the front-end working until I log-in I am assuming somthing is amiss via the userbase or something of the sort. After editing the .htaccess I got the front-end up but what happened was if you log-in to the site you get presented with this.

The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Sep 12 '15
ross Team
ross Team
ross Sep 8 '15
Enable debug mode, check your server error logs, ow_logs folder/error_logs file for anything related to the time when you started to have the issue. We need an actual error, then provide it here, so we could assist you. 
Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 8 '15

Quote from ross Enable debug mode, check your server error logs, ow_logs folder/error_logs file for anything related to the time when you started to have the issue. We need an actual error, then provide it here, so we could assist you. 
[Tue Sep 8 21:19:45 2015] [ow_core_log] [Warning] Message: Can't generate URI! Route `view_photo_list` not found! File: /home1/cimmaria/public_html/ow_core/router.php Line:262
ross Team
ross Sep 8 '15
If you have access to the admin panel, please deactivate/reactivate photo plugin via admin panel if not, go to phpmyadmin ow_base_plugin table and deactivate photo plugin by putting 0 in the isActive column, then go to your website and see if the website loads. 
Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 8 '15

Quote from ross If you have access to the admin panel, please deactivate/reactivate photo plugin via admin panel if not, go to phpmyadmin ow_base_plugin table and deactivate photo plugin by putting 0 in the isActive column, then go to your website and see if the website loads. 
Still get a white screen, Debug doesn't work when I get white screens with oxwall so I can't get anything via the website if I try debug mode. I took a look at firebug 500 error so i'll try seeing if another plugin is also causing a problem.
ross Team
ross Sep 8 '15
where you enable debug mode? are you sure error reporting is enabled on your server?
Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 8 '15

Quote from ross where you enable debug mode? are you sure error reporting is enabled on your server?
public_html/ow_includes/config.php

I make both debugs true.

ross Team
ross Sep 8 '15
make true only the bottom one
Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 8 '15

Quote from ross make true only the bottom one
No change, This happens anytime I  get a white screen. Debug won't work unless oxwall appears. What i mean is if I get a white screen of death debug refuses to work. However if oxwall is working and there is a problem via a plug-in page etc then debug works fine.
ross Team
ross Sep 8 '15
Kenneth PM me your Cpanel and admin access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
ross Team
ross Sep 9 '15
You don't have photo plugin in the database ow_base_plugin table. However the folder photo is in the ow_plugins . Did you delete the photo plugin from database
Anitaku
Anitaku Sep 9 '15
Same problem here (animebasket.com) 

No idea what the problem is except that it happened as soon as I updated to 1.8.

ross Team
ross Sep 9 '15

Quote from ross Enable debug mode, check your server error logs, ow_logs folder/error_logs file for anything related to the time when you started to have the issue. We need an actual error, then provide it here, so we could assist you. 

Anitaku
Anitaku Sep 9 '15
i enabled debug mode (not sure what i do after enabling it)

I then checked my error log file. The last error being a fail to load groups plug in which was yesterday, but the site was fine about an hour ago and then failed after updating. 

You're welcome to have a closer look if you like :)

last error log was:

[Tue Sep 8 19:38:57 2015] [ow_core_log] [Warning] Message: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_plugins/groups/mobile/controllers/groups.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/share/pear') File: /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_core/autoload.php Line:110

The Forum post is edited by Anitaku Sep 9 '15
ross Team
ross Sep 9 '15
Phil do you have a backup? Did you follow our instructions:http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/24134

This error has nothing to do with the issue as it was yesterday and you said your site was fine an hour ago. 

Anitaku
Anitaku Sep 9 '15
No i didn't follow that as i didn't know that thread existed. I only got Oxwall just before the update to 1.8 so haven't learned my lessons yet, until now. 

So basically I stuffed it and should start over? I didn't back anything up cause I hadn't finished building it. \

That error message was my point exactly. I couldn't see anything that logged a problem when i updated, but it happened the second i updated.. :(

The Forum post is edited by Anitaku Sep 9 '15
ross Team
ross Sep 9 '15
Are you sure error reporting is enabled on your server?Please contact your hosting provider to check that
Anitaku
Anitaku Sep 9 '15
[09-Sep-2015 02:27:34] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php on line 863
ross Team
ross Sep 9 '15
Phil, please PM me your FTP access details, phpmyadmin access details I'll take a look at the issue. 
Pages: 1 2 »