We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

White screen after 1.8 update | Forum

Anitaku
Anitaku Sep 9 '15
Just sent them mate. Thanks again :)
Anitaku
Anitaku Sep 9 '15
I just tried deleting everything and starting again with a fresh installation via the link in your download page. After installing it, instead of what I assume would be a Installation Complete page, I get a 500 error screen telling me to activate debug and retry (forever sending me through a loop).

The logs that i get after activating debug mode is: (hoping this helps, sorry about the massive post/paste)

[Wed Sep 9 20:26:05 2015] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined index:  admin_username File: /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/classes/storage.php Line:50

[Wed Sep 9 20:26:05 2015] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined index:  admin_password File: /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/classes/storage.php Line:50

[Wed Sep 9 20:26:05 2015] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined index:  admin_email File: /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/classes/storage.php Line:50

[Wed Sep 9 20:26:05 2015] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: Invalid email! File: /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php Line:912 Trace: [#0 /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/controllers/install.php(481): BOL_UserService->createUser(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, true) | #1 /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/controllers/install.php(454): INSTALL_CTRL_Install->installComplete(Array) | #2 /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/classes/application.php(55): INSTALL_CTRL_Install->plugins() | #3 /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/install.php(75): INSTALL_Application->display(Array, Array) | #4 /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/index.php(42): include('/home1/aegiswow...') | #5 {main}]

[Wed Sep 9 20:29:37 2015] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: Duplicate username! File: /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php Line:927 Trace: [#0 /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/controllers/install.php(481): BOL_UserService->createUser('Admin', '1793594478L', 'admin@animebask...', NULL, true) | #1 /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/controllers/install.php(454): INSTALL_CTRL_Install->installComplete(Array) | #2 /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/classes/application.php(55): INSTALL_CTRL_Install->plugins() | #3 /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/ow_install/install.php(75): INSTALL_Application->display(Array, Array) | #4 /home1/aegiswow/public_html/animebasket/index.php(42): include('/home1/aegiswow...') | #5 {main}]

The Forum post is edited by Anitaku Sep 9 '15
ross Team
ross Sep 9 '15
Phil, I'm sorry for not responding my working shift was over yesterday. 

I just went to your website www.animebasket.com and see the installation screen. Please do not change the access details you sent me, I'll do the installation for you and will send you the access details for the website in PM reply

ross Team
ross Sep 9 '15
Phil please be more attentive you server did not meet our requirements you had php version 5.2 and you need 5.3 and higher, I changed you php version and site is installed correctly. 
Anitaku
Anitaku Sep 9 '15
I got rid of it and tried to just start again to erase the problem for both of us. lol 

sorry about the php version problem. I'll be more careful from now on. Appreciate the help!

ross Team
ross Sep 10 '15
Issue is resolved for Phil. 

Still waiting reply from Kenneth, he should put correct permissions for the folders. 

Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 12 '15

Quote from ross Issue is resolved for Phil. 

Still waiting reply from Kenneth, he should put correct permissions for the folders. 

Done this and still trying to work out the issue. If I figure it out I'll be sure to post it so you guys can see it.
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Sep 12 '15
Same problem here http://www.sellacode.com/ working out a solution though. Any tip will be appreciated. 
Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 12 '15

So the issue continues, I have the front-end working until I log-in I am assuming somthing is amiss via the userbase or something of the sort. After editing the .htaccess I got the front-end up but what happened was if you log-in to the site you get presented with this.

Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 13 '15

Quote from Ebenezer Obasi Same problem here http://www.sellacode.com/ working out a solution though. Any tip will be appreciated. 
If you can restore an older save of your site you can disable the plugins and use origin before another try and installing. Another problem could be in the .htaccess have you been able to look at the error log via your server files. You can usually use your cpanel or ftp to find the error log.
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Sep 13 '15

Quote from Kenneth
Quote from Ebenezer Obasi Same problem here http://www.sellacode.com/ working out a solution though. Any tip will be appreciated. 
If you can restore an older save of your site you can disable the plugins and use origin before another try and installing. Another problem could be in the .htaccess have you been able to look at the error log via your server files. You can usually use your cpanel or ftp to find the error log.
Here is the messages from the error log:

[11-Sep-2015 22:13:20 Africa/Accra] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getUrl() on a non-object in /home/usr/public_html/sellacode.com/ow_system_plugins/admin/classes/master_page.php on line 177[11-Sep-2015 22:24:13] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home/usr/public_html/sellacode.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php on line 863
When I restore the old files, the admin area becomes inaccessible. 

Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 13 '15

Quote from Ebenezer Obasi
Quote from Kenneth
Here is the messages from the error log:

[11-Sep-2015 22:13:20 Africa/Accra] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getUrl() on a non-object in /home/usr/public_html/sellacode.com/ow_system_plugins/admin/classes/master_page.php on line 177[11-Sep-2015 22:24:13] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home/usr/public_html/sellacode.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php on line 863
When I restore the old files, the admin area becomes inaccessible. 

that is the EXACT same problem I'm having!
ross Team
ross Sep 14 '15
Kenneth, first of all and most important, our team won't assist you anymore if you don't follow the update instructions: 

1. make backup

2. disable 3rd party plugins

3. switch to the default theme. 

Second, you don't have such errors 

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getUrl() on a non-object in /home/usr/public_html/sellacode.com/ow_system_plugins/admin/classes/master_page.php on line 177[11-Sep-2015 22:24:13] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home/usr/public_html/sellacode.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php on line 863

We have fixed the issue on your website, it was due to the double instance of the poly theme in the ow_themes folder and for some reason the messages plugin gave us the error, we have disabled it for now, please do the update according to the instructions, if you see any errors while deactivating 3rd party plugins contact, plugin developers directly to resolve the issue

Ebenezer, PM me your admin, CPanel access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 

Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 14 '15

Quote from ross Kenneth, first of all and most important, our team won't assist you anymore if you don't follow the update instructions: 

1. make backup

2. disable 3rd party plugins

3. switch to the default theme. 

Second, you don't have such errors 

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getUrl() on a non-object in /home/usr/public_html/sellacode.com/ow_system_plugins/admin/classes/master_page.php on line 177[11-Sep-2015 22:24:13] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home/usr/public_html/sellacode.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php on line 863

We have fixed the issue on your website, it was due to the double instance of the poly theme in the ow_themes folder and for some reason the messages plugin gave us the error, we have disabled it for now, please do the update according to the instructions, if you see any errors while deactivating 3rd party plugins contact, plugin developers directly to resolve the issue

Ebenezer, PM me your admin, CPanel access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 

Alright i'll follow these instructions.

btw I mean't "When I restore the old files, the admin area becomes inaccessible. " not the PHP error.

Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 15 '15
Now I can't be quoted 100% on this, What i did to fix the site was I change my php memory size and changed my php to FastCGI. Please note this is not actually something that should be done without a back up etc. It's not something You should need to do. I might have been a rare occasion. So only edit your php memory in php.ini if you absolutely need to.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 5 '15
Thought I would share this in case someone else encounters a blank white screen. I don't know what caused my issue, and it ran fine after the last update to 1.8 for a while. I just started getting a white screen today when I went to my test site. The live site was still working fine on 1.8. All I can say is thankfully I had auto backup set with my hosting company "Arvixe". In cpanel I went to my latest backup file, and clicked on restore. I had to update a couple of plugins again, but the site is back up in about 5 minutes. Note to anyone. Back up your site regularly. You never know when something strange is going to happen.
Pages: « 1 2