We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add additional authentication during new user registration | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Will Wang
Will Wang Apr 17 '12
Hi, can oxwall team come up with an additional authentication besides Captcha?  I'd like to control who can join by giving new user a special code.  Those without the code won't be able to join.  Thanks.
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 20 '12
Captcha, Email Verificaction, default roles, and also Approve user and captcha verification if the users posts too much too quick.  I personally think there is an adequate amount.
Mark
Mark Apr 21 '12
you can also set it to invite only where they need an invite code, you could then set up a seperate contact form where they can request an invite code
Michael I.
Michael I. May 7 '12
Will, submit a suggest at oxwall.uservoice.com if you find it necessary and we will implement it in one of the upcoming builds if suggested feature becomes popular.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
From development point of view, how could I extend the existing registration functionality and add my new features?
Kanishka
Kanishka May 13 '12
i think i can do this. please contact me for further assistance.

nautiguy94@gmail.com

The Forum post is edited by Kanishka May 13 '12
MarkDolton
MarkDolton Jun 20 '23
Hello. I believe that additional authentication is never superfluous as it helps you protect yourself from being hacked. For my cyber security, I use a reliable and powerful totp code generation tool https://2fasolution.com/ Where I can choose the algorithm that suits me. The site by the way has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to understand how everything works.
Carscache
Carscache Jun 20 '23
The https://www.carscache.com/2023-ford-explorer/ offers a perfect blend of style, performance, and versatility. With its advanced technology, spacious interior, and impressive towing capacity, it's the ultimate SUV for all your adventures. Experience the power and comfort of the Explorer and embrace the road ahead.