We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

cannot edit custom html box | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Apr 18 '12
Just got my site up to 1.3.2 and I have noticed I cannot edit custom html boxes within the main page.

I can open them, see the content, edit it (or delete) and it is removed.  I can then delete it and do anything.  However once I click finish customising all changes are lost.

Anything I can check?  Any ideas?
Mark
Mark Apr 19 '12
have you tried viewing the site with firebug enabled?
Joseph
Joseph Apr 19 '12
try removing your sidebar google ad and tell me if problem persists I know I had similar issues on my first upgrade to 1.3.2 and the java in sidebar seems to be the root of the problem
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 19 '12
I can't get rid of any items, not without going and editing the database.
The only advertisements I have are from within the advertisement plugin and maybe a couple of site badges, G+ and facebook.   Oh and a No IE6 badge.

Also, same thing in different browsers.

The only error I have in firebug is :

url is undefined

if ( url.indexOf("?") != -1)
whatever that means!

Checked this with my  1.3.1 livesite and that particular error is not there.
Also I noticed Arrowchat works there but not on my 1.3.2?

The Forum post is edited by Michael Apr 19 '12
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 19 '12
@Joseph Looking at other posts, particularly Arrowchat issues you suggested sidebar enabled themes causing the problem.

I can confirm this.
It worked in 1.3.1 so I would expect it to work in 1.3.2

I changed my them from sidebar to non sidebar and it works perfectly.

Disabling the advertisement plugin will make java work on the site.
So is it the jave within the advert code or just code placed there?

I will test later.

The Forum post is edited by Michael Apr 19 '12
Joseph
Joseph Apr 19 '12
yes google ads are java based so you don't have to remove the ad plugin or side bar just the sidebar ad itself
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 20 '12
Yeah but I would still like to run Google Ads and it did work in 1.3.1
Joseph
Joseph Apr 20 '12
I know and understand I run google ads as well I had to remove my side ad and only run my top and bottom banner ads for now
Mark
Mark Apr 21 '12
i run the ads plugin on 1.3.2 and do not experience this error so do not believe the ads plugin is the problem, i believe it is conflicting with a 3rd party plugin (such as arrow chat)
Joseph
Joseph Apr 21 '12
i can remove arrowchat and get the same error as we once discussed with editing boxes etc mark I would ask who are your ads through and are your ad codes in java?
Mark
Mark Apr 21 '12
they are through google adsense.

Joseph
Joseph Apr 21 '12
well I know its not a arrowchat issue maybe its one of those things where it effects certain sites and not all but I will say I know you mess with code like that code we talked about where you edited the ow.js so this is just one of those things that's gonna take time to fully figure out and debug